Ninja Trader Dome Options?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trader123abc, Jan 18, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

If you tradewith marke orders it does not matter which Dom is used, since there are two buttons for market buy and sell.

#11     Jan 19, 2008
  2. Harald

Harald

Also evaluating Ninja Trader

I have no problems with the dynamic dome. To stop it moving just press the space bar. For me it already has become a reflex.
    Select frame, press spacebar, enter order, press spacebar again to continue.

I am rather concerned about daily pivots with their charting - cannot use it yet.

Harald

#12     Jan 28, 2008
  3. Hi

I use the Dynamic DOM, but it has a "HOLD" feature which you can hit, then quickly enter your trades, and then turn it back on it.

Everything takes less than 3 seconds, and it's pretty sweet.

Hope that helps.

#13     Jan 28, 2008
  4. The latest version of NT uses the Dynamic DOM which works better as the trades are usually in view and can be somewhat adjusted versus the Static DOM. ON NT's website there are various free recorded videos on both its operation plus there weekly free webinars are excellent.

I have been through Realtic and Tradestation and NT is best used directly on the chart. If you are trading the ES contract there is no market depth anyway so why waste your time with the DOM?

If you like the platform download the BETA as it has workspaces and is much faster than version 6.0's.

#14     Jan 29, 2008
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not sure what you mean by no depth on ES?

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. With Market Depth you have available on stocks such as NASDAQ stocks that will show the marketmaker.

The ES mini is a futures contract as such no market depth is available anyway. That is the only advantage of using the Dynamic DOM over using Chart Trader. When I formelrly traded NASDAQ stocks previously with Tradestation it was an advantage.

Everything else but market depth the DOM and Chart Trader was equal but having tried both Chart Trader is more versatile. Even had multiple DOM's open with different futures on each. Better to do it with multiple charts.

#16     Jan 29, 2008
  7. piezoe

piezoe

I am looking at the trial (simulated) version of ninja right now. When i open to DOM windows, one static the other dynamic according to the menu, and run then side by side there is no difference. They both seem to be dynamic. Apparently the Static feature is not activated in the Sim version. Does anyone know for sure if the static is still available.

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. Harald

Harald

The static dome does not have a hold button and you can not move the grid with the mouse wheel.

In fast markets the grid of the dynamic dome is nervously moving up and down, as it centers around the last trade (see option autocenter price under properties), so you can not put in any orders safely.
    You would have to click the Hold button (or space bar) to stabilize the grid first, then put your order in, then press Hold again to relieve it.

The static dome is not supposed to move in the same way, so you do not need the Hold button. Have not used the static dome yet.

#18     Jan 30, 2008