Ninja trader charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Allen3, Sep 20, 2007.

#21     Sep 22, 2007
  2. Allen3

Allen3

Could you expound at all? It seems as if there are most of the popular indicators. They have minute, tick, true volume charts.

The reason of this thread was to get at if I were missing something in Ninja charts that would be integral to my success.

The Question: Should I pay for esig, tradestation, ect., and why? If you have time to post what I would be gaining in advanced charting that would make the difference it would be great.

Thanks.

JIM

#22     Sep 22, 2007
  3. Does anybody knows how many users are on Ninja 6 ?

#23     Sep 22, 2007
  4. Since there are so many products available on the market, you have to do some investigation to determine which one best suites your needs.

I'm using Ensign myself. There are many features in the software. I've actually only used a small fraction of them. For me the following features are important:

1) Easy customization. This is extremely important since you are likely to spend a lot of time to customize your chart/setting to find the sweet combinaton.
    2) A wide range of indicators. Some of them you may never hear in other places, e.g., ergodic indicator.
    3) A wide range of charting type, time, tick, volume, range, etc.
    4) Color coding.
    5) A wide range of templates.
    6) Speedy and little use of system resources.
    7) Playback function.

The list can go longer...

Good luck for your searching.

#24     Sep 22, 2007
  5. lar

lar

I use MTGlobal/5Perside as my front end and they are fine. I inquired of Ninja Trader if their free service can be used just for trade, system and account analysis. It is my understanding that I can use them for that purpose - for free via PATS.

I've never seen better than their analysis tools and (once I clear my existing plate full) look forward to including Ninja Trader as part of my important tools.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#25     Sep 22, 2007
  6. wpalma

wpalma

No I don't work for Prorealtime. I'm just a private trader who kills what he eats.

If you don't want to look at it, that's your business.

I thought the forum was for the exchange of ideas, not to go around calliing others jerk...Jerk!:p

#26     Sep 24, 2007
  7. Allen3

Allen3

:D

#27     Sep 24, 2007
  8. cvax

cvax

I have been using ninja charts since version 6 came out and they are quite impressive. Custom coding indicators and strategies is powerful since you have full access to C# and the .NET framework.

#28     Sep 25, 2007
  9. Copy of my screen for three markets on 4 screens . All custom ATS on this renko style chart and very basic candle chart with volume.

This is very basic layout but you can create anything you need with the right programmer.

Execution is fast and now they have Eurex added in to Zen, I can dump my TT and that miserable $1400 bill.....

#29     Sep 26, 2007
  10. Wyckoff, do you pay extra for the Static SDOM or do you use the Dynamic SDOM? I guess if you're using automated trading it doesn't matter but I find that I have to use Zeroline because it gives me access to a Static DOM which is so much easier to use in fast moving markets.

The Dymanic SDOM is excellent for slow moving markets but trading NG, HSI, and RB would constantly have me hold the window which is annoying and dangerous in a fast moving market.

Do you know anyway around this?

#30     Sep 26, 2007