Ninja trader charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Allen3, Sep 20, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Of course you can. Just put cursor at the bottom of the chart, right below time on the chart, and then just click the mosue and move it to the right or left o zoom in and out.

#11     Sep 21, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Ninja is a front end and not a data provider. You can save all the data that is populated in the charts during trading day. Alterntively you can use amny datasources, among them OpenTick that is free. Just sign up at OpenTick, then set up Open Tick connectionin Ninja and enjoy free historical data.

#12     Sep 21, 2007
  3. Allen3

Allen3

Ooooo. I didn't know that good info. That was one of the Achilles heals I found with using just Ninja charts. Thanks.

I also believe that you can author your own indicators if you learn the program language in the newer versions. Haven't seen the need to get into that much, but its there. Other than having some costume color changes to your indicators (if things change from up to down, or changes to price bar colors above and below a moving average) I haven't really found anything I needed that wasn't there. I guess it comes down to what works for you.

#13     Sep 21, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

That is correct you can develop you own stuff, and not in just some scripting language, but in C sharp within .NET framework, whcih pretty much allows you to do what ever you want. I am currently working on indIcator that analyzes all levels of MarketDpeth (which is alo accessible).

#14     Sep 21, 2007
  5. maxpi

maxpi

The C# is not that hard to learn to a rudimentary level. I was able to copy the indicators that come with NinjaTrader and make indicators. For what I do the C# is harder to work with and has as many or more problems as any scripting code I ever used so I can take it or leave it.

Trading from the charts with Ninja is great, I like to pre-enter an order away from the market and when a signal is coming up I can click on the order and move it to where I think the signal is going to be and when the signal occurs I can have the order in place in half a second. Then Ninja will put the collar on the trade and I can move those stops/targets at will by moving the line on the chart.. very nice, no typing...

#15     Sep 21, 2007
  6. Allen3

Allen3

Thanks for posting RedDuke and maxpi.

I'm feeling better about my decision to stay with the ninja charts. I probably need to learn some of the c# language because there are some things I would like rendered on my chart that aren't a canned function, but they are always making updates to the program so maybe some of the little things that bother me will be addressed later on anyway.

I enjoy the trade chart feature too. Wasn't all that sure I wanted to unlearn using the those things in ninja to incorporate another chart package. Not having the extra cost to cover is a plus as well.

Have a good afternoon.

JIM

#16     Sep 21, 2007
  7. wpalma

wpalma

The charts are great if you like to trade from the chart, but not so much so if you're into doing any multi-period chart analysis. Been having some trouble when I wish to analyze multiple days of intraday data and it won't save any drawn trendlines for future use.

For the heavy duty chart analysis I prefer Prorealtime. Sure you'll have to pay extra to use a separate service, but the extra edge is worth it.

#17     Sep 21, 2007
  8. Allen3

Allen3

Wonder who you work for? Now I will definetly not look into Prorealtime. Thats bad biz man. Just come out and say hey I work for ______ come check us out. Not treat me like an idiot. Jerk.

#18     Sep 21, 2007
  9. Yes I love this aspect with NT6....I preplace my orders near trade signal completion and then march them in at the last second when ready for trade execution....great feature!

#19     Sep 21, 2007
  10. NT 6 is one of the best execution programs available. When I was still looking around and putting my system together, I investigated what programs the big boys on ET use. NT was one of the favorite ones (along with X Trader BTW). Even though I use OEC DOM and E Signal for personal preference I would recommend NT 6 + Zen Fire. The best combination imho. Good Luck! :D

#20     Sep 22, 2007