Ninja Trader (ask)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by yus.caesar, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Hello,

I'm a new Ninja Trader user and I have a few questions about it that I hope other Ninja trader users can answer. I have had a hard time getting a feedback from Ninja Trader support. Although I have to admit that I like this software better than quote tracker/ quote trader.

First, I like the fact that this software can manipulate Interactive Brokers data into drawing 4Hr chart that IB TWS is missing. The problem is, everytime I switch to daily on the Ninja Trader, the last daily bar does not close at 4am cut off time (like IB TWS chart). So the last bar is still moving up and down instead of drawing a closed yesterday's bar. How can I fix this?

Second question is regarding the alerts. I know that I have to create a list on the market analyzer first to create alerts. The problem that I'm running into is creating multiple alerts for multiple pairs when certain prices get hit. In the market analyzer I have 6 pairs. When I create alert for one pair (alert me when this price get hits), how come it affects other pairs in that list? It automatically alerts me when that price get hits, but with other pairs also. Please advise.

Regards,

2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

First, I like the fact that this software can manipulate Interactive Brokers data into drawing 4Hr chart that IB TWS is missing. The problem is, everytime I switch to daily on the Ninja Trader, the last daily bar does not close at 4am cut off time (like IB TWS chart). So the last bar is still moving up and down instead of drawing a closed yesterday's bar. How can I fix this?

Maybe I can help you with this item. Try right clicking an area of the chart and bring up the 'properties' sub menu. Set the start and stop times to reflect the market hours of the product you wish to chart.

3. Therein lies one of the issues with NT.....it hugely dependent on "right click for more options". It's not that bad once you get used to it.

4. I tried your suggestion. It's still the same. Everytime I pull the daily chart, the current price still goes up and down on the what's supposed to be a yesterday's bar. I can always pull up a chart from TWS, but it's such a bother drawing S/R lines from TWS and do the same thing again on the ninja trader. Any other suggestions?

5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

This is very true. It seems to me that the developers at Ninja try to make the platform as feature rich as possible, but alot of users think they can operate it right out of the box. I've seen people complain that a trade was ruined because they had an improper setting, or something along those lines. Knowing your destination is useless if one does not understand how to operate the vehicle.

IMHO the people at Ninja put out an excellent product and it usually operates flawlessly, but like any other front end, the parade of upgrades can be daunting to the casual user. I would recommend to anyone experiencing difficulty using the platform (OP) that they register at the NT users support forum and post their problems. I've had successful results doing such and the tech. mods usually answer within minutes and seem genuinely concerned with your issue.

6. Thanks BigAapl for your suggestion. I just love this forum. Lots of "strangers" here are very very helpful :)

THREAD IS CLOSED