Ninja Trader and Multiple Monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tango29, May 16, 2008.

1. tango29

tango29

Anyone else have to move charts to the appropriate screen everyday when they open Ninja? Whenever I close and reopen all my charts, Market Analyzer, DOM'S end up stacked on my main monitor and I have to redistribute everything among my 3 monitors. Not the end of the world, but I would love to find a way to get them all to open up where I close them out. I tried Ninja Support, and they didn't have an answer in this case, but I find it hard to believe that everyone else on multiple monitors has to do this everyday.
    I'm using WIN XP Pro, with 2 NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT vid cards.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

2. Open up NT and place all of your charts and DOM's where you want them to be. Then go to:
    • File
    • Workspaces
    • Save workspace as (give your setup a name that is seperate
      from "default")
    Makes sure the new Workspace is is saved, then close NT.

Reopen NT and everything should automatically be exactly where you placed it.

Connect to your brokerage and you're good to go.

3. tango29

tango29

Thanks for the idea, but tried that all ready and it doesn't work for me. I tired deleting my current version and reinstalling, but didn't change a thing. I used to have Tradestation for charting and it would open with all in place so I know its possible on this machine.

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

The issue is likely that your multiple monitors are each set up as individual desktop as opposed to one continuous desktop. If you set it up as one desktop it will work as expected.

5. maxpi

maxpi

I have the same annoyance and my monitors are set up as a continuous desktop I guess, I can stretch a screen across both of them. Another annoyance is the inability to left click the Ninja icon in the task bar and left click a chart icon, sometimes it brings up the chart, sometimes not.... Alt + Tabbing always works for navigation but it makes me nuts after awhile when I forget to use that......

6. You might want to check your system and/or have a technician go over it with a fine tooth comb ... out of ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN problems that traders have with charts, data feed connections, bad fills etc. that traders face everyday of doing business, their system so far works exactly as it's supposed to, in my experience.

Try left click and select "restore".

GL :)

7. YoungOne

YoungOne

Try Ninja 6.0. With 6.5 it doesn't save it the same.