Ninja Trader and backtesting intraday chart

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nicbizz, Jun 9, 2010.

1. nicbizz

nicbizz

Is it possible to use Ninjatrader to load say the 5-min chart from a particular day, and have it play back bar by bar either automatically, or with a keypress (i.e. basically simulate the price action on that day).

I heard Sierracharts can do something like this, but I'm pretty happy with NT, and would prefer not to have to learn a whole new software again...

Thanks!

2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

In order to REPLAY the day in question, you must select "RECORD REAL TIME DATA" in your utilities (options) before the day starts. You can then replay it in real time, fast fwd., etc.

To scroll thru the charts in your preferred fractal, you can do that anytime by using the right or left arrows. A very useful tool EOD, IMO.

3. auspiv

auspiv

with the new NT7, you can simply download the replay data from the server from the file -> utilities menu

4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Really? I'm still on 6.5. Nice to see them step into the 21st century with that one. You used to have to record it yourself (CPU intesive).

5. nicbizz

nicbizz

ahh, I'm on 6.5 too, which is probably why I could find the function. Thanks all for the tips!