Ninja Trader 8-Slow MinuteChart Loading with IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by antares66, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Hello,
    is it normal that minute charts take some minutes to load with an IB account?
    Or does NT 8 prefers Kinetick ;-)

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

IB is fantastic broker and not so good data provider. Plus they aggregate data every 200 or 250 mili seconds, so you not getting every tick and IB high/.low would be different at times by 1 tick or 2 of reality. Kinetick is fantastic data provider. I am using it for algos and it is rock solid. Plus Kinetick is giving you about 10 years of 1 min data for all major instruments.

3. Would the charts be loaded much faster with a kinetic feed? I tested motiwewave also and noticed not such a delay on laoading charts. May be it‘s the way how ninja handels the data float through IB‘s API. With such a delay trading on a lower timeframe is not possible for me with the combination of Ninja and an IB feed.

4. IB data is a waste of time unless your mostly looking at times frames over 30 min... Subscribe to a data provider like Kinetic, CQG, Rithmic etc...

5. Could you give me an explanation for that? As i could see were IB data correct. I only need correct data for a 3-min timeframe, maybe 1-min.

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Unfortunately it is not. IB aggregates data every 250 or so mili seconds, and thus you see small distortions. Before going live we verified our algos on Kinetick, IQFeed and IB. While Kinetick (our primary) and IQFeed (our backup) were identical, IB had different High/Lows on some bars.

7. Thanks for your explanation