Ninja Trader 8- Extend hours

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by antares66, May 31, 2019.

1. I am using NT8 with IB. I noticed there a lack in the extend hours.
    ON ELTK i see the premarket starts at 4 am (TC 2000), but in NT8 the first time print is from 8 am. When i switch to the IB chart i get the same premarket timeframe like in TC 2000 (4am). Does NT8 "cuts" a part of the extend hours?

2. Overnight

Overnight

This may not be of help to you, as I do futures on NT7. But there is a "session manager" in NT7 which allows you to define timeframes for each instrument, or instrument group.

I haven't messed with it in years, as all my charts have a 24/7 template because I want all prints. I reckon' NT8 may have something similar you can explore.

3. speedo

speedo

What Overnight said.

4. I further noticed that the EMA are looking different to TC 2000 or TOS. The values are complete different. How can this be? I connected NT 8 with the TOS feed and IB feed.

5. Overnight

Overnight

I looked into my NT8, and this is what I found...From the control center, choose Tools---> Trading hours, and you get a screen like this...

NQ8sessions.JPG

That is 'prolly where you set it.

6. Thanks for your tip. Could you help me with my problem regarding the EMAs? I don´t know why they are complete different to the TOS, TC2000 and IB charts. I set them correctly (EMA 200, 50, 20, 9) but the values are so different. Did i something wrong?

7. Overnight

Overnight

Can't help you there as I only have NT8, not use it, heh.