Ninja Trader 7 and Eurex

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rzepe5, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rzepe5

rzepe5

Does anyone use NinjaTrader 7 for Eurex products? I just downloaded 7 and was running 6.5 before now when I try to enter a trade in my Eurex DOM I get the message, No account type affected Order: Buy Limit @ xxxx. I don't get thsi message when I trade CME products though. Anyone else seen this before or know of a solution? Thanks.

2. Traded the Bund this morning with NT7 (beta 21)

I did read somewhere on the Ninja forum of someone having the same problem as you right after the ZF outages a couple of weeks ago.

3. ammo

ammo

opened an acct that uses ninja trader and i can't get it to work for entering stops or charts , any pros out there ,it looks simple, it just wont stick, i'm seriously limited computer wise

4. Picaso

Picaso

I use Ninja, what's the problem, Ammo? :confused:

5. ammo

ammo

when i right click on the dom to set up the stop order function or click properties and atm strategy, no matter what i change it doesnt change anything, the gray boxes beneath the dom are faded out and non responsive to clicks

6. Picaso

Picaso

Do you hear a sound when you try to click on them? If so, you probably have a dialog box open somewhere in Ninja (like an announcement or some properties window).

Are you connected to a data feed?

Has Ninja crashed?

What version are you running 6.5 something or 7.0 beta?

(A screen-shot would be helpful)

7. ammo

ammo

running 6.5,its live and i can trade with it, just cant get the options for stops, trailing etc,just buy and sell mrkt and close reverse, nothing below the instrument and acct area works

8. ammo

ammo

if u right click on center price area of super dom, a box pops up, i select properties and can change those settttings,so far no success

9. Picaso

Picaso

OK, I think I got it, you must have a free handicapped version of Ninja called Ninja Trader Direct that has automated trading and strategies disabled. :(

Dorman, RCG?

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=6296

If you're road-testing Ninja, just use the free sim version (connected to a live real feed).

Some brokers will pay for your Ninja license with slightly higher commissions or will wave the fee with a minimum volume.

Not happy with TOS or looking for a backup account?

Edit:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/LP/Direct-Edition-Registration-Static.php

#10     Oct 7, 2010