Ninja Trader 6.5

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EchoTrader, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Has anyone had any issues or trouble with this latest version 6.5 release?

Thanks in advance.

ET ~

2. maxpi

maxpi

I'm just using it in freebie mode, no issues so far, there are the usual annoyances, if you navigate by clicking on the task bar it won't always open the windows, etc...

3. Hey Max,

I'm using version 6 now, and I'd like to trade with the 6.5 version.

6.5 is been out of beta for a brief period, so I'm a bit leery about using it now.

I have the same issue with the click from taskbar, it could be an XP relation.

Thanks Max. Please post whatever else you think.

ET ~

4. jho

jho

I have that same taskbar problem as well. Just have to right click it in the task bar and select "Restore".

If you have any custom indicators and strategies you might want to check out the release notes for 6.5 because I know there were a couple issues with coding where a few things changed and it could possibly render them useless. You would need to recode a few lines.

So far I haven't had any major problems with 6.5 though.

5. Hey JHO,

May I ask if they're any execution issues? Or anything pertaining to the stop management?

Thanks ...

6. jho

jho

Not that I have experienced yet. Have you had problems with stops in the past?

7. When I was using the 6.5 beta, I had a stop order to offset a short position. When hit, NT never executed the stop.

Another time I know I entered long and it executed a short position.

This was when it was still in beta in early mid March.

I emailed the executions to NT.

Since then, I've been using version 6 with no problems.

ET ~

8. ssierra

ssierra

That is strange. I have NT with IB and the stops are sent to the TWS.

9. SS,

What's so strange?

I do not use IB.

ET ~