Ninja or the likes

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Cache Landing, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Anyone here tried using ninjatrader, openquant, etc... in conjunction with IB SpreadTrader?

Do any or all of them allow for automation of SpreadTrader orders or conditions?

Thanks guys

2. Picaso

Picaso

I don't think you can trade spreads (or options) with Ninja.

Overall happy with it for trading futures, though.

3. nightrate

nightrate

Picaso - you are saying you have never had any issues with NT while running futures strategies??

4. I've rarely had issues while using NT, and never any major issues. I've been trading futures with NT for about 1.5 years every day now.

Sometimes when the action is really quick, I will get filled before the charts update, and it seems like NT is hung, but it's not. I have had NT hang on me, but only while I'm reviewing charts, never in the middle of a trade (I don't futz around with it while it's trading).

The one thing I don't like about NT is their OCO is local, which means if the internet dies or it NT hangs and I'm in the middle of a trade, I have 2 outstanding orders. This happened to me once.

Other than that I've never had it hang on me since I've been using it. I keep it up the entire week and shut it off on the weekends.

I use it to trade zenfire and IB.

5. auspiv

auspiv

With IB, your OCO is on their server but with ZF the OCO is on your computer...

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=5349