Ninja license

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trilogic, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zghbbo

zghbbo

Yes but how? Can you give A-to-Z?

#21     Jul 21, 2013
  2. Yes.
    A: Learn programming.
    B: Read documentation of a provider that allows to enter orders.
    C: Program.

Alternatively:

A: Hire someone with a clue.

Sorry, this is not "what is the formula of an EMA". It is more complicated.

#22     Jul 22, 2013
  3. zghbbo

zghbbo

Do you know someone can do it? Or you can do that?

#23     Jul 22, 2013
  4. I can - anyone who ever does NInja-Independent order handling has done that.

At the end, what is left is then that ninja is nothing more than a charting tool. You know, there are people using separate programs for charting and for trading (i.e. order entry being separate). That is then the same - just all in one program.

Good order management then allows you to switch from Ninja internal order handling to your external one - simulate internally, trade externally. As crappy as it is.

That said; I can do it, you can likely not pay it - and I REALLY do not like touching NInja any ever again. And no, it will not be cost effective - just pay a ninja license if you want it cheap.

#24     Jul 22, 2013
  5. nitro

nitro

The point is the Ninja is free to download. However, you cannot trade the free version in a live account. All that a license gets you is it unlocks being able to send orders through its internal OMS (order management system) . But if you build your own OMS and call those functions inside a NinjaScript, it allows you to not pay anything since you never needed to unlock anything. It is clunky but possible.

The problem is that people in business need to make a profit. Otherwise just use an open source tool.

#25     Jul 22, 2013