Ninja license

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trilogic, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Very DISSATISFIED - wasted a year of me and my team.

#11     Jul 13, 2013
  2. trilogic

trilogic

oh ?

took a whole year to find out it wasn't for your team, sorry to hear...

#12     Jul 13, 2013
  3. No, that was faster. I made the serious mistake trying to fix Ninja instead of just starting from scratch. Half a year later, we stopped for months building our own and now we celebrate pretty much every weekend about the tremendous amount of work we managed to get done compared to what we had before with Ninja.

#13     Jul 13, 2013
  4. trilogic

trilogic

Oh I see. Thanks

#14     Jul 13, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

NT, MC etc. are useful if you are a complete newbie starting out. However, as you become advanced you will find that a lot of things you want to test are not testable due to infrastructural and design limitations of these software. So, as you become advanced and successful, you will be forced to write your own custom application if you are serious about trading.

But these retail software are good to get your feet wet - probably for first 1-2-3 yrs of your trading career since by using them you avoid all the problems of getting up on your feet - like capturing market data, putting it into a database, stability, basic order management functionality, some scripting to write and test strategies etc. These software provide all of these basic functionalities.

If you are going to trade equities, you should seriously consider Amibroker - as it has much better portfolio trading capabilities than MC or NT currently and is much cheaper and much faster.

#15     Jul 13, 2013
  6. Yes, there are two things that you should be very aware of they do NOT do - if you need that you are out.

* Stocks. Not like "a list of 10" but "enter a symbol, see chart". They work of predefined lists. And those are not "8000 entries long".

* Options.

Simple like that.

#16     Jul 14, 2013
  7. trilogic

trilogic

Well, it must be a good platfom becasue threre are not any sellers of the license. I know its against policy to resell, however if it were bad there would be sellets here on ET regardless?

#17     Jul 15, 2013
  8. Hardly. To tell you the truth, I think there are not that many licenses around that are paid (not rented) and most will likely keep it. if I would have paid for mine (thank heaven I never had to - there are ways to trade real money with Ninja without paying a license if you just think through the code, and it makes actually some things easier (avoiding some of their bugs) I would likely keep it too - see where it goes. And we still use it for visualization, trying out new indicators etc. - just not trading.

With the fact that reselling is not legal and that others - I seriously think there are not that many licenses for offer anyway. Remember, many will try out ninja for free, realize the bugs (in one case on a server of us it closed a long position - by opening 122 shorts) and move on without paying.

#18     Jul 15, 2013
  9. zghbbo

zghbbo

How can you trade real money with Ninja without paying a license?:confused:

#19     Jul 21, 2013
  10. It is called programming. Noone says you have to use ninja functions to handle the orders ;)

#20     Jul 21, 2013