Ninja charts inadequacy

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Hombre, Oct 24, 2008.

1. cipher4d

cipher4d

Ninja drops the ball in so many places I am suprised anybody uses it. That said...

I like it :D

But I do understand how it can let people down by not providing basic functions. I don't demand much though so...

Hopefully in future versions they will add some basic stuff like when s/r lines are placed on a chart the user has the options to automatically have them placed on another chart of the same instrument.

I remember around version 3-4.0 the software was basically broken. Beta.Alpha trader...

#11     Oct 24, 2008

2. How difficult life must be for you!!

#12     Oct 24, 2008
  3. Thanks for your help,

#13     Oct 24, 2008
  4. I like using ninjatrader to code and back test ideas, but there is no way I could use it in real life especially with order entry. It literally asks me to shut it down at least once a day with some error message or other. When I got a new faster computer it got better but still, would really not be acceptable in real time.

#14     Oct 24, 2008
  5. People are such babies...I mean the program is freaking FREE.
    The reality is all these things asked for in this thread are possible if you learn to override the plot in c sharp. To me that is why ninja already kills everything else for me and will only get better and better.
    Yea, learning to override the plot is alot of grunt work, trial and error...but its not that hard. Between the candle clear indicator and the volume profile indicator pretty much all the code to do almost anything is right there for you to take apart.
    a. learn to do it yourself
    b. pay someone else to do it
    c. go find another program and stop bitching about a free program.

#15     Oct 24, 2008
  6. If it is that easy, why the developer just let the trendlines stay till deleted. They have a delete button for all types of drawing tools but no button to save them.
    Other then that I like NT a lot and was thinking about subscribing or getting a license when I've discovered this " auto delete everything " glitch .

#16     Oct 24, 2008
  7. Comparison charts in NinjaTrader/QuoteTracker/MultiChats

Hi I am exploring the comparison charts feature in NinjaTrader/QuoteTracker/MultiChats .

Appreciate your input , if any of you have experience with this kind of requirement.

My requirement is have the ability to chart comparison between 2 different stocks as shown in this IBM/MSFT example url below.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

On yahoo chats this is straight forward , I am looking similar features in the above softwares .
    The comparisions time window has to be flexible to change while you are viewing the chart.
    The comparison can be for 5 minute bars or for end of data ( covering months).

Which of the above software provides this kind of features , which one needs more/less programming
    Appreciate your input.

Cheers

#17     Oct 24, 2008
  8. Hombre,

You are confusing the concepts of a template and a workspace.

A template is a "template" for applying a predefined set of stuff to ANY new chart - basically a shortcut for setting up new charts. Pitchforks and trendlines are dependant on specific prices so they are not suitable for a template.

Once you get a specific chart setup with pitchforks and trendlines on THAT chart, you can save it as a named workspace which can be recalled in the future and will have everything just as you saved it.

#18     Oct 24, 2008
  9. Exactly though what I hate is that thy dont have a chart tab function like say OPenEcry does

#19     Oct 24, 2008
  10. QuoteTracker can do everything you need and is best of breed for the retail discretionary trader by a long-shot.

I won't get into NT's charts, as I don't use them to trade ... don't need to.

#20     Oct 24, 2008