Nikkei

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Cutten, May 10, 2004.

1. def

def Sponsor

ask for the trading permissions/data under account managment. We currently offer N225 futures/options in Osaka and TOPIX futures on the Tokyo exchange. CME you have NKD which is nikkei in USD. there are also a bunch of ETF"s (EWJ is one that comes to mind. I think we also other etf's in europe such as fresco japan titans 100. (do a search on japan via the products page).

As for Singapore, the N225 is currently open outcry during working hours. They will move to an electronic platform in October and we plan to offer the contract.

#51     May 17, 2004
  2. BrianLA

BrianLA

Nikkei needs a rally the last 2 days like a crackhead needs a hit. My 10900 longs went to 10500 and now back to 10900, in a week.

#52     May 19, 2004
  3. Was the 400 point, nearly 4%, swing a leveraged trade?

#53     May 19, 2004
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Well, we had the bounce I was looking for, but from a much lower level than I expected. There was some real heavy liquidation down there. Overnight, the Simex contract traded down to 10400! I had buy orders at 10300-350, unfortunately just a bit too low.

I suspect this selloff was so deep partly because the funds have been so heavily long in Asia. Lots of longs with big profits always gives the possibility of heavy liquidation if the momentum turns (silver is another good recent example of this).

I think we have *probably* seen the low here. I would anticipate buying on a pullback, scaling in initially with a moderate position. Then let the market move around for a while, see how it feels, and potentially add size once the direction becomes more clear. We may not be out of the woods just yet, but the initial panic appears to have subsided.

#54     May 19, 2004
  5. BrianLA

BrianLA

Samurai,

It was, unfortunately, a leveraged trade. I turned off the computer when it got to low 10400s.

#55     May 19, 2004
  6. man, i missed out on a 600pts rally on the NKD!!! i should have looked into this earlier. $5/pt. * 600 = $3000/contract!!! OUCH!!! OUCH!!

#56     May 19, 2004