Nikkei/SP500/Nasdaq

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Dustin, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Every 6 months or so I have updated this comparison chart of the three indexes. The chart shows the indexes as a % lost from the top of each bubble. The similarities are still striking...

According to Nikkei we are actually in for a decent rally in the next 6 months...only to be followed by further downside.

2. bronks

bronks

Very interesting. Looks like human emotion runs current no matter what side of the globe you're on.

3. market for a number of yrs and then fall again like the nikkei

does a few yrs after your charts ends :eek:

4. cheeks

cheeks

Wow do they look alot alike.

However, don't forget that the 1929/1987 Dow overlay was almost a perfect fit as well. until 1988, then it went in a completely different direction.

5. Nice stuff!

6. the nikkei didn't have a war to factor in

7. yes, was there any event in history which occurred on the nikkei that corresponded timewise to Sept 11? I only ask because the 9/11 lows fit in nicely with the nikkei. So maybe our lows were event driven or maybe they were just sort of predetermined coincidence. You know what I mean.

8. Dustin

Dustin

The market was already following that S&P pattern in the days ahead of Sept 11th. IMO the charts would still look very similar had the event not happened.

Here's the updated chart with the Nikkei ending yesterday...

9. MRWSM

MRWSM

The second chart looks better.
    The Nikkei hit a top on December 29 1989 at 38,957 and hit a bottom so far on October 10, 2002 at 8197.

10. MRWSM

MRWSM

Dustin, The same could have been said when the Nasdaq went to the -50% mark. Comparing it to the Nikkei it should have had a nice rally, instead we did get the rally but only after a major drop. So your 6 month rally could be possible but it might come after another immediate major drop from here first.

#10     Feb 2, 2003