Nikkei Gets Rattled by Lehman Funding Rumors

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 27, 2008.

1. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aOlSl6.1C6uw&refer=home

Excerpt:

Nomura Holdings Inc., Japan's largest brokerage, led securities companies lower after speculation about a funding shortage at Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. drove its stock down in New York. Mitsubishi Corp., the nation's largest trading company, rose to the highest in almost two weeks.

Lehman dropped to the lowest since March 17 in New York trading after options traders increased bearish bets on the stock. The company said speculation on its funding situation was unfounded. Bear Stearns Cos. required an emergency bailout by the Federal Reserve two weeks ago and the Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating whether traders illegally sought to force Bear into insolvency by spreading false information."

2. Nikkei doesn't look too rattled at the moment.

SGXNK +2.2%

3. Index looks fine to me

4. Bowgett

Bowgett

Headline should be updated to: "Nikkei Gets Excited by Lehman Funding Rumors"

5. Right.

Headline should actually be Nomura gets rattled. Bloomberg is usually spot on, but I should have modified it anyways w/in the window.

Anyways, it does look like the Lehman issues shall ensnare us tomorrow again.

6. Not from this angle, index futures short squeezing with vengeance.

Susana

7. Q1 window dressing day.

8. gilch

gilch

am i on the only idiot short puts on LEH?

9. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Probably.

10. gilch

gilch

yea, most likely lol

#10     Mar 28, 2008