Nikkei gain$ for 9th day, longe$t run in 21 year$....wow$er$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by S2007S, Jul 27, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

9th day in a row, lets keep the party rolling, if our markets suddenly reverse tomorrow and head to the downside a 10 in a row for the Nikkei is most likely out of question. I think the US markets could have an up opening on the asian markets being higher overnight, but I think some profit taking is coming. I can feel it.

Nikkei gains for 9th day, longest run in 21 years
    Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:11am EDT

Market News
    Rally in Asian stocks persists; eyes on earnings
    Oil extends gains toward $69 on Asian stocks rally | Video
    Rally may cool on earnings reality check
    More Business & Investing News...

TOKYO, July 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average rose 1.5 percent on Monday, gaining for a ninth straight day, on growing hopes for better-than-expected Japanese corporate earnings and an economic recovery, with top brokerage Nomura Holdings (8604.T) gaining.

Hitachi Ltd (6501.T) climbed after the Nikkei business daily said the electronics group planned to spend up to 300 billion yen ($3.2 billion) to turn five listed subsidiaries into wholly owned units. Two sources close to the matter later confirmed the report. [ID:nT98959]

The benchmark Nikkei .N225 gained 144.11 points to 10,088.66, its highest close since June 12 and booking its longest run of gains since 1988.

It briefly touched 10,179.59, its highest level in nine months.

2. Streaks "happen". :cool:

3. they certainly do, and this one is of "this is NOT happening to me!?!" variety. :D

4. The run is due to HOPEs, not REALITY.

5. Short Nikkei 10070.00 or better.

6. This was a bad call, but possible 60 min IHS forming now...:)

7. Fools suffer mightily.

Anyone not cashing their chips in at this point, after one of the biggest bull runs in the shortest time periods ever...well, pigs get slaughtered.