Nikkei down 466 points!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Lindq... Yes you are right, I totally agree with your advice!!! :)

Funky... I can put an awesome laptop set-up with wireless internet connection in your Lancair IV P. Trading from the heavens at 300 knots!!! Sounds cool!!! :cool:

www.lancair.com

Chris

#41     Oct 24, 2003
  2. Thank you for the heads up!

Chris

#42     Oct 24, 2003
  3. logikos

logikos

I tend to agree with one analysts' prognosis of the US market that we are not living in the POST bubble market, because the bubble has not completely popped yet!

Even though long term I see worse days for the stock market, let's not forget two strong influences: (1) several market cycles bottomed in 2001-2002 time frame, (2) presidential election year coming up, which the majority of the time sees a bull market.

Taking this one step further, there is enough negativity going around to support future gains in the stock market. Analysts were starting to call a top in 1998, and missed the best part of the prior bull market.

#43     Oct 24, 2003
  4. funky

funky

great! i was going to get a lancair anyways (not the kit, already built!). can you integrate that into the panel? :cool:

btw, i have my instrument single engine land...so i really don't have to look outside to fly....just watch the indicators (you know, attitude, altitude, and pivot levels).

#44     Oct 24, 2003
  5. We're all curious since you purport to be a seasoned veteran trader... weren't you>> last year sometime<< looking around (and asking here on ET) for recomendations for a website whereon you could learn trading, and also submitting other posts seemingly showing you were brand new at this?!

Oui?

In other words, weren't you just beginning to trade last year or earlier this year?

If so, do you really expect anyone on ET who traded for 10-20 years to believe that you (a brand new trader) take 50 ES home with you?

If so, why should anyone?

And b.t.w., don't say you do not care what other ET's think, because if you didn't............ you'd be anonymous, and not "brag" about your skill and risk taking acumen with ES overnight! Frankly it sounds frivolous to me.

But if you're for real.. then regards...

and bonne chance! :p

ICe
    :cool:

#45     Oct 24, 2003
  6. The amount of time you are trading does not necessarily dictate the size that you trade. I have a friend who has been trading futures less then a year and trades 60 lots of the big bond contract. Just because you can't see yourself doing it does not mean it can't be done.

#46     Oct 24, 2003
  7. -- I'm just speculating about that. It's the only thing I know of that might have such a definite, localized effect, and the issue has been on the table of late.

#47     Oct 24, 2003
  8. No I am not new to this. I have been trading for a total of 5 years (3 years with stocks and 2 years in the ES). I have been on "ET" for about a year and a half now, and yes I will always continue to ask questions.....don't you?

You really need to open your mind my friend.... 50 ES is really nothing ....they were flying by all day on the T&S, and 100's and 200's, and 250's. I am a very small fish in the sea at this point in my trading and I will make sure that it is not that way for long!

Good Fortunes!

Chris

BTW, Iceman...you could never be my wingman! :eek:

#48     Oct 24, 2003

9. If the time that you are trading does not necessarily dictate the size you trade... that explains why so many wunderkinds experience, sooner than they desire, the old adage about 15 minutes of fame.

b.t.w. anyone get in on the last 30 or so minutes today!!! Got long SPX ITM calls... near lows (lucky). Planned on holding O/N; but couldn't resist selling in AH. Why take it home? But did add long OTM calls just in case hammers on SPX/NDX along with T/L support and 50 day EMAs are precursors to a Monday move higher.

We will see

My view is we rally in November into expiry, to new highs; "maybe" from slightly lower levels. Is there a fundamental reason why? Nope, there may be none. Just staying with the trend, irrational as some may perceive it to be.

ICe

ATM4SWA..... FYI, I 'd make anyone great wingman... but looking for one myself.

:p

#49     Oct 24, 2003
  10. funky

funky

what if he is........inverted?

#50     Oct 24, 2003