Nikkei down 1.7%

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, May 24, 2007.

1. Shanghai markets doesn't really reflect asian markets as a whole. Curious anybody trade korean futures? heard it has been quite crazy there.

#21     May 25, 2007
  2. 10 out of 11 markets down is a much broader perspective and more informative than, "Woohoo, go China! China rocks! Up forever! Yeah! Yay, China!"

Don't you think? :)

#22     May 25, 2007
  3. True, a much broader picture of the fact that we saw a collective "yawn" in Asia.

#23     May 25, 2007
  4. "My point is this. Do we have to constantly be bombarded with market status messages stating the obvious? Do you think I dont have access to this data and so you post it?"

Its clear that these informative posts are only done for YOUR benefit. Ok wake up now. Other people benefit from these posts even if you dont.

#24     May 25, 2007
  5. "I'm waiting for the big crash to happen. Greenspan says it will happen, the people on yahoo finance, people here. Where is it? I'm getting impatient..will the damn thing just crash already? Its like the Y2K doomsday...waiting for it to happen"

The more they blab about a big crash the less likely it is to happen. This bull market has to unwind, and it has to unwind in a big way... buy going up in huge percentage chunks for a short period of time.

Crashes usualy occur when a overwhelming majority of street is bullish. They start out slow, then people bottom fish and the street concesus remains bullish.... all the way down :(.

So as long as we hear people are bearish about the market, theres no need to worry :).

#25     May 25, 2007
  6. Agree.

#26     May 25, 2007
  7. Worse yet, there may never be a crash....

How about a long precipetous decline on low volume.

That's the nightmare!

Just imagine the accompanying economic conditions with that environment.

If this global expansion gets too hot and too much pressure on resources too quickly.... with too much governmental regulations due to "green" policies.... take a look at gas, good ole governmental regulations to protect us from ourselves.

Good Luck!

#27     May 25, 2007