Nikkei 225

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by hellomarket, Feb 19, 2006.

1. That's wonderful.

I always wish to change the teimframe of my candlestick down to seconds. I use Metastock and it seems Metastock doesn't offer this great feature.

Some ideas sounds nice too - define by ticks or volume.

Is it true that only SierraChart can do so? If not, any software which can do the same? :)

Thank you.

#21     Apr 1, 2006
  2. tradestation needs to get with it and start offering global connectivity. its starting to piss me off that all the foreign mkts i watch are either etf's or cme offerings ala @NIY.

the one poster's experience with the index and etf data being utterly out of whack doesn't surprise me in the slightest. scary huh

i suspect when a vast amount of liquidity leaves the markets in general, these firms will finally wise up and expedite comprehensive global connectivity to save what little is left. frustrating

there are so many opportunities outside the us (most of them), but as an independent retail trader it's not like i have an IT and compliance staff connecting all this shit for me. if it's a strategy to keep liquidity domestic, it's a lame one.

#22     Apr 1, 2006
  3. medved quotetracker can do candles in the fractions of a minute

i've entered ".5" for example under the minutes desired, and gotten 30 second candles

fwiw, i trade Nikkei almost exclusively using Tick candles, not time candles. works better for me

#23     Apr 1, 2006
  4. Yes SC will do all this sort of thing. Its a really nice package thats inexpensive and includes worksheet based formulae creation so you can change/add things as well as dll based customization.

#24     Apr 1, 2006
  5. Try using tick based candles (equal tick bars) at 10 to 30 sec increments than chart those equal tick bars on a time based chart..............you can see the momo from a mile away and the velocity to reverse or break any market.

The tight cluster will demonstrate the action you want and the slow markets will have big gaps in between. That move in not as strong.

Trade well.

#25     Apr 1, 2006
  6. Hey, do you know whether there's any online resources which teach people how to read tick data or candles, and to identify momentum moves as quickly as possible?

#26     Apr 2, 2006
  7. #27     Apr 2, 2006
  8. just a question for ib reps:

placed a sgxn trade; buy order for 1 lot and closed at 17435..me lmt to close was by mistake placed away from mkt at 17430, and yet got filled at 17435, not that im complainin' 'bout it but was just curious how this could have happened..not long ago i also placed an order [again, by mistake] way, way above da mkt and got filled at offer, how come? is there a sort of protection in place where if lmt is above mkt won't be filled at me price but at mkt?
    i thought that if a protection is in place a pop up window would appear tellin' me 'bout it or da order wouldn't be filled at all...can u clarify this for me?

thx
    bit

here's da audit trail:

#28     Apr 4, 2006
  9. #29     Apr 5, 2006
  10. def

def Sponsor

you can't get a worse fill than the prevailing bid or offer - (if your size is less than or equal to the size on the book).

#30     Apr 5, 2006