Nikkei 225

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by hellomarket, Feb 19, 2006.

1. volume is of upmost importance when trading sgx, as a matter of fact is the single most important indicator that drive movements in this index. Study the dimanics for a few months and u'll see what I am talkin' about.

#11     Feb 26, 2006
  2. ids

ids

Sadly, we cannot offset SGX n225 and CME NIY yet. There is a plan with respect to it but it was not executed.

#12     Feb 26, 2006
  3. dealer

dealer

thanks for the update. Any ideas on timing for this implementation? Most brokers are able to do this.

#13     Feb 26, 2006
  4. xiaohu

xiaohu

#14     Mar 31, 2006
  5. AHAHAHAHAHA!

This is completely a momentum trade when trading during the hours that the cash index is open. (during the [U.S.] day it's a completely different animal and candlesticks are even more useless). The best way to see momentum is to look at a ladder. A chart wont' tell you that.

#15     Mar 31, 2006
  6. You can't see momentum on a chart ... wow ... I must be imagining things ????

#16     Mar 31, 2006
  7. Candlesticks are fixed lengths of time. By the time your 15 minute or 5 min candle is filled, you've missed the move. The Nikkei sits for a little while, then makes violent breakouts -- a hundred points in a few seconds some times.

If you don't believe it is easier to see momentum with a ladder, then open one up and see for yourself.

#17     Mar 31, 2006
  8. I use ohlc bars on SierraChart rather than candlesticks but that makes no difference.

You can make bars with constant ticks, volume, range or time. A good choice of these things shows momentum very clearly without need for a ladder and some of the faking that takes place there. Not saying a ladder isnt valid ... just that bar or candlestick charts are also excellent ways of reading and responding to momentum and that you've made the typical ET mistake of thinking that if you've found one way the other ways are worse or don't work at all.

My smallest tick charts take between 120 and 6 seconds to form a bar depending on whats happening.

#18     Mar 31, 2006
  9. Fair enough. I don't know many people that use 6 second charts. Whatever works..

#19     Mar 31, 2006
  10. Sorry, newbie question.
    What's a "ladder"?
    How can I identify momentum with a ladder?

Thank you.

#20     Apr 1, 2006