Nikkei 225

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Mr. Bollinger, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Allen,
    We give you access to three Nikkei 225 contracts.
    OSE- Osaka - Symbol: N225
    SGX - Singapore - Symbol: SGXNK
    CME/Globex - Symbol: NKD
    This is the Globex N225 US$ version, we don't offer the Globex N225 yen contract.

#32     Dec 16, 2004
  2. jim c

jim c

my buddy stopped by last night and we pulled up his IB account after a few cocktails to watch the Hang Seng trade a little. we could see the bid ask moving but the "last price" column seemed to be froze up. even on the booktrader. the last price changed 3 times during the whole session. it would print one time then not print for another 20 minutes. am i doing something wrong? computer too slow? thx for any input. jim

#33     Dec 17, 2004
  3. def

def Sponsor

what month did you pop up? The front month is still Dec. It wil be active until the day before expiry and then Jan will be the front month. My guess is that you pulled up March and the bid/ask reflected the markets created by the DEC/MAR roll orders at the exchange.

#34     Dec 17, 2004
  4. jim c

jim c

thx...i assumed the front month was march now. this is great news actually. i was looking at the bid ask and saying.."i cant trade this...look how wide that bid ask is". awesome! thx for the quick response!. jim

#35     Dec 17, 2004
  5. Front month seems to be MAR05.

Why do they have JAN05 and FEB05 contracts ? Should
    we just trade MAR, JUN, SEP, DEC and ignore the rest ?
    I see that the OSE trades MAR, JUN, SEP, DEC contracts.

#36     Dec 17, 2004
  6. def

def Sponsor

yes, the 1/4ly's are the active ones.

#37     Dec 17, 2004
  7. How come that OSE named the current N225 contract 1995/03 (instead of 2005/03) ?

#38     Dec 18, 2004
  8. joesan

joesan

I wonder why IB does not provide realtime chart for SGXNK and other contracts listed at simax. the nikkei 225 traded at OSE is moving different with the nikkei 225 traded at Simax, at least for intraday traders. It is difficult to look at the chart of OSE Nikkei 225 to trade the SGXNK.

#39     Sep 20, 2005
  9. inet

inet

I also have this question.

#40     Sep 20, 2005