Night trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by shortbleu, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi Kiwi Trader and all,

Apart from IB, can you suggest a broker offering Asian futures?
    If you're in Australia, you may know some good brokers in Asia / Australia?

#21     May 14, 2011
  2. Picaso

Picaso

Try the SGXNK (that's the Nikkei225 at Singapore)

Good volume, about 25 USD per tick (it's priced in JPY, might take you a bit to get used to) and the commission is around 4.00 USD in IB.

It moves mostly at the open - 2:00 (CET) - and before you go to work.

Nice that someone here has his priorities straight. :)

Good luck.

#22     May 15, 2011
  3. what about TBonds ?

#23     May 15, 2011
  4. Hi Wallace,
    Do you refer to the CBOT bond futures ZB, ZN, ZF, ZT ?

#24     May 16, 2011
  5. was thinking of CBOT, TBonds or Notes, I suppose tho Bonds primarily

my session hours are from the opening to about the US opening usually, and I trade
    the 6E. I mention this because of your earlier comment about not enough volume
    and I disagree with that
    thru the 'Asian' session there are periodically orders totaling hundreds even thousand
    plus contract amounts going thru
    I don't have a recent example or breakdown of exact order quantities and don't think
    it matters actually, the point being that whatever quantity of contracts are wanted to
    be traded the order will be filled; the only thing that happens is that price bar, maybe
    the next - I'm using 1min - may have a larger than usual range, sometimes 20+ pips
    or more in the direction of the trend
    it's easy enough in NinjaTrader to examine volume on say a 1min chart and then use
    a smaller timeframe still if desired, say a 5sec or 1sec if it's within the loadable range
    and get a fairly accurate idea of just how many contracts were in a particular order

such orders usually hit out of the blue and don't from what I've seen relate to any
    particular SR or fibo level say, and if they're Limit orders, seem to be filled in total
    without a partial fill which is a bit surprising given the quantity of contracts
    anyway, bottom line is imo, for the 6E at least, any quantity of contracts will be filled

#25     May 16, 2011
  6. high volume trade example from last night - about 10am UK time
    3 groups of contracts totaling 1,169 traded during 3 , 5sec bars, range about 23 pips

#26     May 17, 2011
  7. #27     Jul 4, 2011