Night Traders Unite!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by filter_sweep, Apr 24, 2008.

1. That pullback came 1 tick away from my entry before that huge jump. Still on the sidelines.

#21     Apr 24, 2008
  2. On the IB site, I see that these exchanges have offer free data:

Sydney Futures Exchange
    Hong Kong Futures Exchange
    Singapore Exchange (SGX)
    Korea Stock Exchange

#22     Apr 24, 2008
  3. ET99

ET99

#23     Apr 24, 2008
  4. The osaka futures data is pretty cheap too. But while you test your strategy just use sgxnk .... be aware it has longer hours than osaka.

#24     Apr 24, 2008
  5. Looks like some real interest by the looks of the thread.

I have an IB account and would like to trade Asian stocks. Any suggestions on getting real time quotes?

Perhaps something that works well with ninja trader?

Thanks

#25     Apr 24, 2008
  6. My trading computer locked up on me. I had an order in the book to get long 2 STW's at .20 when it froze. By the time I got IB up and running on my backup computer I saw it was at .30 so I exited both contracts. Now my trading machine is back up and running but I can't get IB to start. Very weird, and very stressful there for a few minutes.

#26     Apr 24, 2008
  7. good time to be long now i suspect (but dont know ... i m long 347.5 but nervous)

sorry about ur pc going down.

i use sierra chart to chart ib data and for order entry.

i used to use zeroline trader for order entry till sc introduced the feature. i use ninja when i want to paper trade something because their sim is very realistic about fills.

#27     Apr 24, 2008
  8. Anyone else having problems with IB? It's freezing like it did that night a couple of weeks ago... this time it's not waiting for me to connect Ensign.

#28     Apr 24, 2008
  9. running fine filtersweep.

i use installed tws not browser tws after discovering that browser version homes off the us server

#29     Apr 24, 2008
  10. Never mind, seems to be working now. I'm a little concerned about proceding though, I want to see it stay unfrozen for a few minutes before entering another trade.

I use installed TWS too.

#30     Apr 24, 2008