Night Options Trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by OptMarketMaker, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Does anybody have any suggestion or experience trading options on foriegn stocks or indexes. I am a professional market maker at the CBOE and work until 3:30pm CT.

I would like to manage some option position trades at night for my personal account. I have used IB for some option spreads on US securities, but have no experience trading foriegn markets.

Any suggestions concerning what markets, brokers, or strategies :) I should explore would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

2. sgxnk @sgx has options, volumes are non-existent but they are autoquoted with 50/50 on each side so u got liquidity there if is a concern for u; relatively cheap considerin' ranges. kospi on the other hand has very liquid options that do huge volumes but am not familiar with 'em..all available at ib.

3. Hey guys, thanks a lot for your advice... I'm going to look into the Liffe markets... I want something that only trades at night so I don't have to worry about big moves while I am at work.

4. Be sure to check out all the big Eurex futures contracts (bund, dax etc.) the options on these futures trade big volume with tight spreads. I'm not a big fan of LIFFE contracts, the charts look good but the volume is very chunky and I find them hard to trade.