Night of the Living Death Tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Lightningdog, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Only the truly IGNORANT are unaware that the Estate Tax expires with the Bush tax cuts. Yet, the author above implies that this is some sort of "secret" and is "hidden" in a footnote.

Get real.
    It's law that was signed into legislation back in 2001.

#11     Mar 31, 2009
  2. dcvtss

dcvtss

Set up a charitable foundation and have your kids run it. That is how the actual rich people (billionaires) keep money in the family.

#12     Mar 31, 2009
  3. NO

1) Because when they pass it on to me, if they had a lower income tax instead, they would have had a lot more money in their life and probably would have lived better instead of struggling, as many people and seniors do. I vote to let my parents have a better life over our worrying about taxes on my inheritance.

2) Generally, an inheritance is somewhat unexpected found money to most. Most people do fine without money from a rich uncle, parent, grandparent, sibling, etc. Keeping more of their income due to a lower tax would be what many people want. And when it comes, an inheritance is a bonus on top of everything. Getting only $200,000 instead of $280,000 will not hurt most people. They are still ahead. Many people never inherit anything of much value. Again, a lower income tax is what they would benefit the most from.

#13     Mar 31, 2009
  4. NYC212

NYC212

I would like to get it over uncle sam.

#14     Apr 1, 2009