Nigel Farage manipulated the markets during Brexit using insider info.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cuddles, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

reportedly

apdxyk likes this.
  2. Visaria

Visaria

I don't think poll information is considered as insider info. Not in the UK anyway. And for currency markets which are unregulated, insider trading offences probably don't even exist.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Insider trading laws are only for the stock market. There are several academic papers on how inefficient the FX market was on that night. Anyone who saw the first few results come in and interperated them correctly had several hours to sell sterling before it fell.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/10325

HelloDollar likes this.
  4. (((Bloomberg))) is a whiny billionaire propagandist with a thought controlling global media empire yet his Investigative Team is bonkers over "exit polls" being solicited by hedge funds.

What if the polls had been as wrong on the outcome as the elites were wrong?

Stockolio and KeLo like this.
  5. Farage was a commodities trader. He certainly would have used his position that night to make a buck for his friends.

Whether that is illegal or not, the story is fairly old and he has not been charged yet.

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

If what you say is true, the video made it sound the opposite of that (having access to polling data and trading on it being insider info).

Thing is, if I have insider polling data that the public doesn't have access to, and I know that Brexit will happen plunging the pound, and me being a very public figure involved in this fiasco end up saying the opposite, pumping the pound before it dives, should I get in trouble?

7. Visaria

Visaria

Is there a law against it? If yes, sure. If no, then no.

8. carrer

carrer

Considering the fact that he is against the Globalist, they will use every way possible to take him down.

9. KeLo

KeLo

It is not illegal for our Congress to trade on inside information.
    It is illegal for us, but not them.

Polls are not inside info on a company however.

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm not familiar with UK law. Per the video, sounds like there's a law against it.

#10     Mar 21, 2019