Niederhoffer's year end contest! ($2500 prize for 3 best 2011 trading ideas)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1prometheus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Thoreau777,

I did not respond to the snide remarks because I have noticed that responding seems to only contributes to the thread-clutter/troll poop.

The thread's purpose was to draw attention to the unique and interesting contest that Mr. Niederhoffer generously created, that is all.

Mr. Thoreau, will you be contributing ideas to the contest?

#41     Dec 31, 2010
  2. Kinggyppo,

This is not Mr. Niederhoffer's first contest.

In fact, I won one of Mr. Niederhoffer's contests years ago for a submission I wrote in to his site. I received a personal check in the mail from him shortly after he declared a winner.

My guess is that the winner of the current contest will have an experience similar to past winners (see above).

#42     Dec 31, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Obviously not, because Victor himself is not allowed to participate.

Vic, I mean Thoreau, you should run it monthly, because by March everyone will forget the entries and one year is just way too long to have any meaningful fun or education out of it.

But my entry would be: Buy any dip....

#43     Dec 31, 2010
  4. If indeed Thoreau is Mr. Niederhoffer (Rather than one of his associates?) He has already contributed his ideas. See the third, fourth, and fifth paragraphs of his post on the contest.

...And you would buy any dip in what? How do you define a dip? Any rules for re-assessment or taking profits?

#44     Dec 31, 2010
  5. vic on December 31, 2010 7:51 am

The contest entries are so good, and have been so much in the spirit of really being useful and actionable, rather than just trying to win a contest, which would be so easy but wrongful by selling out of money puts on S@P futures eg. that the least I can do is raise the prize to 4000. .... http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/?p=5652#comments

[​IMG]

#45     Dec 31, 2010
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Unfortunately, that's true. In today's world, HF managing losers are making more in management fees than honest and skilled locals/ independent traders in trading profits.

#46     Dec 31, 2010
  7. Get your entry in by EOD tonight! (31st!!) Prize up to 4k now!

#47     Dec 31, 2010
  8. You got that right!
    +25

#48     Dec 31, 2010
  9. somebody gives away $4,000 and the crowd is still not happy

#49     Dec 31, 2010
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I would prefer him to give away 4000$ silently, without comparing himself to Mozart. He can give away everything he wants, but until he recovers all the investors money he lost, he should just shut the F*** up and thank the Hedge Fund God every day they are not regulated better.

#50     Dec 31, 2010