Niederhoffer's year end contest! ($2500 prize for 3 best 2011 trading ideas)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1prometheus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Frigging chump change.
    You get what you pay for I guess.

#31     Dec 30, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

long vix now. volatility will rise in 2011. where can i get my 2.5k?

#32     Dec 30, 2010
  3. Victor is the World's Greatest Lover...
    This is a well documented fact...
    In his many Autobiographical books, articles, and posts...
    Hammy baby, are you implying 1st hand experience?

#33     Dec 30, 2010
  4. It looks like people are posting their best money making ideas for 2010 in the comments section of the contest post on the dailyspec site. I will put my entry in tomorrow. (last day to enter!) Should be fun.

#34     Dec 30, 2010
  5. cstfx

cstfx

What's pathetic is that surf keeps coming back here with his, what?, 40th new sock-puppet to a place that he keeps getting booted from.

Now that's pathetic, surf.

#35     Dec 30, 2010

6. I am not keen to respond to this thread because I detect a scintilla of derision. Victor Niederhoffer is a good friend of mine, and he periodically holds such contests simply as a means of fostering cohesion, alacrity, and good humor. Although, I may add, this contest holds within all the integrity of an ATM's anti-counterfeiting software. $2500.00 to Victor is like one penny to the rest of us, and he presents this as a mere token to generate discussion, nothing else. His own trading mind has more ideas than the myriads of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. His gains are into the multi-millions every trading quarter, and his trading plan is bulletproof. Please refrain from vituperative comments. The Chairman is not to be mocked...

#36     Dec 30, 2010
  7. hey genius when and under what terms is the fucking payoff!!

#37     Dec 30, 2010
  8. As a friend who has studied with Victor and explored his trading methodology, I can state without hesitation that you are seriously misled. Summing up the genius that is Victor's science of trading with "selling OTM put options" is like saying Mozart felt his best musical acumen could be summed up with "Duple Meter".

People love to criticize those whom they deeply envy. I went to school with Victor at the University of Chicago. He often studied in the Quadrangles, and we would walk amongst Cobb Hall, the Regenstein Library, eat at Pierce Hall, and have coffee down the street at the 57th Street Bookstore. He taught legions of hedge fund mangers their trade, and really gave birth to the science of bringing empirical testing to the markets. The trading world would be completely different with my friend Victor, and I am loathe to begin to imagine how Victor's critics actually trade.

He has only had a couple of difficult periods in his decades upon decades of successful trading. What trader hasn't been caught in a bad trade? The only times he did encounter difficulty was when rather sinister forces colluded against him (other players illegally manipulated prices), and again when insane Muslim terrorists endeavored to bring down Western society in 2001.

Consistently bringing up a couple of minor setbacks in a stellar pristine trading career spanning many decades is to criticize Michael Jordan or Babe Ruth for a bad sports night... It has become a cliche, but as the famous scientist wrote, "Great men often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds".

#38     Dec 30, 2010
  9. Your attempt at humor is only exceeded by your fatuous and doltish comment.

#39     Dec 30, 2010
  10. #40     Dec 30, 2010