Niederhoffer's year end contest! ($2500 prize for 3 best 2011 trading ideas)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1prometheus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. 1) The ones I know live on the coasts, not the Midwest.
    2) If I host a seminar, I'll dangle the possibility of free golf balls to attendees instead of an ink pen or squeezy ball. :D

#21     Dec 28, 2010
  2. What's pathetic is an anonymous, no name assclown on elite making these types of allegations against someone who has helped 1000s of traders make a buck. Do you really believe vn is so dearth of ideas he launched this contest? It shows how ignorant you really are joker

#22     Dec 28, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

this pathetic no name ass clown did better than 99% of ET. screen shoots from several accounts been posted here long time ago.
    the pathetic no name ass clown doesn't have losing month for at least 5 years. not to mention help maybe not thousands(i don't write books for losers,while blowing up my accounts),but certainly hundreds fellow ET members with various issues. specially related to Ib's trading platform..couple articles in WSJ regarding auto trading,but that was long time ago..
    btw-too bad for me, that i did not qualify for IB's Olympiad(not a full time student)..i guarantee you, that with my records i would be at least in top ten. can you say same about you? what's did you contribute to this forum,besides calling a bad names someone,you don't' know?
    any success in trading?
    take care cutie hampster.. and watch your language:cool:

#23     Dec 28, 2010
  4. that is the problem.

many traders/investors amateur treat this like hobby or side business.

as for the prize..i wouldn't waste time giving them any free research

all they want is free ideas..free loaders... you actually i'm sucker and submit,,,these b.s. contest. that just want your private information like the win a contest entries..chance of winning is nil.

typical b.s. you get in the streets. it's a fake contest like this fake rigged con game market.

feels like i'm trading with machines..and yes i'm trading with HFT machines rigging the market. in his con game.

#24     Dec 28, 2010
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

So where do we send these predictions to? E-mail?

#25     Dec 29, 2010

6. Mr. Bill is correct with his outsider notion of course. A bitter pill for the rank and file but there's room for everyone.

A man who sacks up to a specific and public prediction has immeasurably outpaced the man who looks for reason why not with that act alone.

#26     Dec 29, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anyone?

#27     Dec 30, 2010
  8. Although the rules weren't all that explicit about where to submit to, the instructions were pretty clear.
    http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/?p=5652#comments

See Ken Drees' (appointed moderator) entry on rules.

As for where to submit, my interpretation is to simply comment to the blog with your prognostications, along with "2011 contest investment prediction picks" as a header. See Dennis Star's entry at the bottom for an example.

GL.

#28     Dec 30, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Danke Schoen.

#29     Dec 30, 2010
  10. When is the payoff, not mentioned. Nice use of the word "sagacity" though. :p

#30     Dec 30, 2010