Niederhoffer's year end contest! ($2500 prize for 3 best 2011 trading ideas)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1prometheus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. If you know any pharma reps, ask about doctors who'll stand in line at a tradeshow half an hour for a sleeve of golf balls...

#11     Dec 27, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think a year is just way too long to wait for having fun. Maybe he should run it monthly with a smaller prize. Hell, money isn't even needed, after all this is academic/entertaining, just being mentioned as the monthly winner on the website would be worthy to try.

Not to mention if after a few months there is a winning pattern to someone's advice/prediction, it might be worthy to follow that person.

#12     Dec 27, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

#13     Dec 27, 2010
  4. I suppose the upside to this side show is that perhaps he's finally realized his own trading ideas are catastrophic.

#14     Dec 27, 2010
  5. Daal

Daal

Will we be paid with silverware?

#15     Dec 28, 2010
  6. #16     Dec 28, 2010
  7. For those with questions, the contest is now fully explained on the
    http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/ web page.

The start of the year can be a fruitful time to look for trend change type trading ideas. It is definitely worthwhile to set up for and generate ideas on. 2009 Bonds was a wonderful example of this that was very satisfying.

The thing I have noticed though is that , it can be hard to formulate the rationale for the best ideas. The trading brain does not seem connected to the verbal/communication brain.

However, if I come up with any coherent Ideas I will be trading I will also post them to the dailyspec site.

#17     Dec 28, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

such approach is pathetic(just like the reward)
    read more about IB's Olympiad and learn the "right" way to find a talent. read about rules and restrictions of the game.

breakthrough from a factory worker for 2.5K? good luck with that.:p

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. Yeah, that about sums-up old Vic's only strategy.
    Twice it led him to disaster.
    Of course, he could have covered by using credit spreads instead of naked short sales.

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. Could'a, should'a, would'a, might'a, if only'a. :(

#20     Dec 28, 2010