Niederhoffer's year end contest! ($2500 prize for 3 best 2011 trading ideas)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1prometheus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. For those who like to make predictions for the coming year, Victor Neiderhoffer, (The trader and proprietor of the very interesting, informative, and cheerful site dailyspeculations.com), has very generously created a "Market calls" contest for 2011.

The person who submits the best three ideas for making money in 2011 will be eligible for a $2500 dollar prize.

It looks like a great idea!

Exact rules are at the page below:

http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/?p=5652#comments

2. It looks like Mr. Niederhoffer has upped the prize to $3250!

3. With the kind of money he's used to handling, doesn't that seem like mere pocket change?

4. 1) Short-sell out-of-the money put options. :cool:
    2) Short-sell deep-out-of-the-money put options. :D
    3) Short-sell deep-deep-out-of-the-money put options. :eek:

5. I do not think it makes a difference!

Many here like to discuss/come up with year end predictions for the coming year. Here is a risk free contest where one can potentially win $3250 for your idea.

What more needs to be said?

6. Valueinvestorsclub is another good one, I agree.

However, you have to be accepted as a member, They do not let just anyone in. That average member there is of very high caliber (Professional/Hedge fund/very serious private investor).

7. Without having looked at that website, those kind of people are excited at the prospect of a $5000 payout? :confused: :(

8. How would I know what the excitement level generated by the reward is? What does it matter?

It is what it is. Not every analyst/investor is a centi+-millionaire who sees 5k as having zero marginal value.

I figure Joel Greenblatt (who runs the site) finds it worth his while to offer the reward, otherwise he would not do it.

9. He may actually get a "good" idea that can be worth centimillions of dollars to him in exchange for a pittance. :)

#10     Dec 24, 2010