Niederhoffer's Matador Fund 2006 Performance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by winarto_t, Dec 26, 2006.

1. trendy

trendy

2. dont

dont

Poor Guy!:confused:

#32     Oct 10, 2007
  3. gaj

gaj

and the guy who posted about this on ET first - pa(b)st prime - still hasn't received any public apologies for all the insults he withstood.

nor for his original thread being pulled...with baron stating the following:

<i>I have corresponded with reps from Manchester Trading and Matador, including Victor Niederhoffer himself, and they all say that the speculations posted in the previous thread regarding Matador's positions and liquidations, are completely false. Furthermore, Victor said "Matador is very much viable. Has much cash and positions in excess of all requirements. And has no need to liquidate positions." </i>

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102468

#33     Oct 10, 2007

4. looks like nazzdack (pabst,atticus, et al) were right and mav (surfer....) you are for the most part wrong.

i belive it is important to give props to those who are bold enough to make a good call and to also point out those who make mistakes (albeit, not in a malicious tone).

to those who think this is all about a sick fascination with vic; it is more than that. it is also about setting the record straight when others make public claims that turn out to be not so correct. i am of course not one of those who have an inside lead, but i do like to support those who stick their necks out. the main hit was the short puts (hence always a put seller) that started the unraveling of his empire that supposedly had sophisticated risk management in place. so, now those who were wrong, will they be real and admit so?

#34     Oct 10, 2007
  5. My bet: Vic's risk management was overridden by his ego.

#35     Oct 10, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

According to the New Yorker article, the 2006 year's performance was flat (probably slightly in the green), so I was erring a bit on the upside....

P.S.: Anybody noticed, that the recent thread shortened to "Niederhoffer" doesn't show up in the forums list (Trading), only in the main page if there is a current posting in the thread? Strange....

#36     Oct 10, 2007
  7. I absolutely hate to see anyone bow up, even Victor. No one should have to suffer the stress of such a reversal of fortune no matter how out of hand their ego has become. I feel less sympathetic to those that openly and blatantly lie to save face though.

That being said, I feel that Baron owes this forum a public statement. Not for his removing the thread because he was only acting on the inaccurate information he was given from Victor. The statement should simple be a courtesy to those involved with outing of the news and then being openly chastised for bringing it to the forefront.

So many times in the media and in other public forums we see information offered that is initially slammed and berated, only to have the same information later validated. The persons or institutions that brought the information out in the open are never vindicated and that is totally wrong.

Not only in this forum but in all media and in everyday life the word "honor" is garnering less and less meaning and that is truly sad.

#37     Oct 10, 2007
  8. gaj

gaj

great post. i only wish i had written it.

#38     Oct 10, 2007
  9. Yea guy's I'm a bit ticked. Baron believed Vic over me. That's fine. After all who'd fathom Victor Niederhoffer calling Baron and lying about Matador's blow-up? Baron in turn deleted my first thread from August and said the entire premise was untrue. Once again, no prob. In Baron's mind he made the percentage bet.

However given that Baron has met me personally (Baron graciously bought a few Chicago ET'ers dinner a couple of years back) and given that Pabst became an ET member seven years ago, I think a little PM or a post would have been in order. Not an "apology" mind you, because after Vic's denial I think Baron's deletion of my thread was the right thing for him to do. Just the same I'd like to be treated as a person and not just an anonymous alias who's a cog in Baron's mil a year advertising empire.

#39     Oct 10, 2007
  10. James Lackey

James Lackey Guest

Mr Pa(b)st Prime, Your a bit ticked? You want recognition for what, being a reporter?

Did you take personal information from I presume a farm team member under stress and post the dirty laundry to a message board?

Only question I have is to what benefit was it to you, any members here or any guys trying to learn how to trade?

Were you in the know or did you hear a rumor on the subway. Did you consider how many people it might hurt, with no benefit to you? What in the world was the point?

Or were you long puts and trying to tout your book? if so I can call that fair game , but anything else is silly.

You want a note or a PM from the board man here? fine I want one from you. Who gave you the dirt? let us know who the rat was.

Your in the know. So what.

#40     Oct 10, 2007