Niederhoffer's Matador Fund 2006 Performance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by winarto_t, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Ouch!

#21     Mar 28, 2007

2. he's survived many fluctuations in the past, and now with the sophisticated risk programs, handling these aberrations has become second nature.

regards,
    surf

#22     Mar 28, 2007
  3. EPrado

EPrado

28 % is an aberration?

Thats funny...

He didnt survive that blowout yrs ago..unless you define surviving as having your positions forcefully liquidated...your fund going under...and having to sell personal assets to make up for losses....then yeah...he survived.

Will have to see what happens to him when/if this mkt gets clobbered for a period of time. I am far from convinced he has "sophistacted risk programs" in place. With him it seems like you cant teach an old dog new tricks. At least last spring/summer he didnt have any kind of real risk mgmt program in.

#23     Mar 28, 2007
  4. stereo70

stereo70

marketsurfer wrote:

You still claiming to be friends w/ Vic...

#24     Mar 28, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Speculations on a Speculator... :)

Since we have the info that he closed the year in the black, and we can also safely assume that we would have heard if he had outperformed the market's 13.6% return, it is a safe guess that his fund finished somewhere in between.

My guess is between 5-7%. Hey Surf, how accurate is that?

#25     Mar 28, 2007
  6. dogman

dogman

please tell us more about these sophisticated risk programs.

It sounds like you are quite aware and i'm sure you know exactly what you are talking about.

#26     Mar 29, 2007
  7. I don't think gloating over another man's (alleged) misfortune is an admirable character trait

#27     Mar 29, 2007
  8. ktm

ktm

The 2006 performance award was for the 2005 calendar year, so we still don't have any more information on how Matador (Vic) did in 2006 aside from his reference to being positive for the year. Manchester is a related firm that has a very similar strategy and was tracking Matador pretty closely back when they were both reporting.

#28     Mar 29, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

I just don't get why anyone cares how anyone else's account is doing? The only one that matters to me is my own.

If it is for reasons of comparison then (why do you feel the need?) then you should know that its a safe bet that Niederhoffer is a better trader than 99.XX% of the posters on ET.

#29     Mar 29, 2007
  10. ktm

ktm