Niederhoffer's Matador Fund 2006 Performance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by winarto_t, Dec 26, 2006.

1. winarto_t

winarto_t

Does anyone know what's the VN's Matador Fund performance for the 2006 ? would be interested to know.

2. NO RECENT INFORMATION. Last update was: as of 7/1/2006 Matador was down 12% YTD.
    Unquestionably, if he stuck to his original strategy of selling index put options, he has GOT to be up huge this past 5 months.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

The only problem is that is not his current strategy.

4. Once a put-seller, always a put-seller!

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, he is mostly long futures now. Same difference.

6. DWV

DWV

Just wanted to bump this up - have not seen his 2006 performance ranking in any of the CTA ranking sites - anyone else?

7. Maverick1

Maverick1

I think that it's one of Vic's favorite strategies, i.e., playing dead like many in the animal kingdom, including the great and mighty possum which when sensing danger suddenly appears limp and deader than the dodo, only to viciously plant its mouth full of teeth into your arse when you try to pick it up by the tail. Tis a favorite tool of deception you see and I suspect Vic currently is utilizing a similar strategy to foil foes and doubters alike... (ok, that was my best edumacation of a schmeculator impersonation)

Maybe someone should pick up the possum to see if it's really dead.

8. [​IMG]

9. It's hard to believe that this guy can still find investors. I remember when his book, "The Education of a Speculator," came out back in the 90's. Of course, he blew out his fund by selling SPX puts into a massive downturn shortly after that, and his book promptly went into the bargain bin. Hilarious....

10. I thought the Thai baht got him.

[​IMG]

#10     Mar 18, 2007