Niederhoffer In Trouble..... Again !!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cosmokramer, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Why is it that everyone assumes he is refusing to pay the taxes? The fund went down the tubes in late 2007, the taxes were delinquent as of 2008. It's public knowledge that following the 1997 situation, VN was forced to mortgage the property and sell his silver collection to put together another return to the markets.

Note to mods: Please delete CosmoKramer's account. Clearly, this is another Marketsurfer alias.

What a pathetic schmuck you are DG.

#51     Feb 9, 2010
  2. No one denys Vic blew out, and he has no worshipers, just friends. He never passed the hat around!!!

Only two years of triple digit returns?? Sad.
    In my 31 year career, I've had 2 separate 3 year periods where I had triple digit yearly returns, and I ask for no accolades, the money in my account is just fine.

#52     Feb 9, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

why the continued fascination with an individual who has blown out his clients twice and still has a valuable house and seems to have many friends?
    the subject is probably worthy of another thread because he still has many friends. perhaps it should be under psychology.

#53     Feb 9, 2010

4. He has never fucked anyone over. His clients were big boys and knew the risks, and losing money is not the same thing as fucking someone over. And why shouldn't he have a nice house? If you lose your crummy job, should you be out on the street, or move into a flop house? If you blow your own account, should you get rid of your house and go sleep on a bed of nails? If that were the case, with the type of people on this board, I think the thing to do would be to go long nail manufacturers.

#54     Feb 9, 2010
  5. cvds16

cvds16

if deception is part of the markets thing than spitting a loser out is also part of the markets thing. The guy is a loser who had it coming several times in row. So screw him ...

#55     Feb 9, 2010
  6. Then why are you seeking approval on an anonymous chat board?

#56     Feb 9, 2010
  7. When it comes to money, "deception" has always been part of all things...

#57     Feb 9, 2010
  8. Just coming to the defense of a friend

#58     Feb 9, 2010
  9. I don't know what happened between Baron and Niederhoffer. Could someone please fill me in? Was Baron an investor?

Thanks!

PA

#59     Feb 9, 2010
  10. Didn't VN continue to boast that he was the greatest trader of all time even after his first "humbling" or two?

#60     Feb 9, 2010