Niederhoffer In Trouble..... Again !!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cosmokramer, Feb 7, 2010.

1. livermore died broke didn't he?

#21     Feb 8, 2010
  2. he blew his brains out. does anybody really want to emulate him?

#22     Feb 8, 2010
  3. "[Reminiscences of a Stock Operator Annotated Edition] is a textbook for trading. I hand a copy to every new trader we have." –Paul Tudor Jones, from the Foreword

If it's good enough for Tudor Investment Corp, it's good enough for me.

PA

#23     Feb 8, 2010
  4. spinn

spinn

which chapter teaches you to blow your brains out?

#24     Feb 8, 2010
  5. jem

jem

Many perceive the business model used by many hedge fund premium sellers to be a fraudulent model.

Hence you would expect the person running such a game to be at least as charming (considering how much is at stake) as robert redford in the sting.

I suspect Madoff was super charming or engaging. In a pyscopathic way I suspect he was very empathetic.

#25     Feb 8, 2010
  6. In all honesty, you really are exposing your complete naivete throughout this thread. I'm guessing you just starting trading recently and have just begun to read most of these books that you frequently cite on this thread.

You need a better understanding of the "behind the scenes" backstory that goes on along with the sort of "you pat my back, I'll pat yours" that goes along with favorable book reviews.

The VN saga has been detailed on numerous threads on this site over the past half dozen years. Certainly, his book was an entertaining read, but it's certainly not going to shed any insight into how this man traded. Nor will it reveal just how times he experienced catastrophic losses "speculating".

#26     Feb 8, 2010
  7. Agree. The advanced degrees and the staff of "rocket scientists" fits the bill of dazzling them with bullshit.

Just look at the numerous apologists who show up on this thread and the thread that was started close to 3 years ago. You would think that they were depending family. It's become crystal clear that many of those defending him more closely resemble members of a cult.

#27     Feb 8, 2010
  8. What is the relationship between Niederhoffer and Livermore?

I don't get the correlation.

CkY

#28     Feb 8, 2010

9. Tudor Jones is influenced by a small publishing company? i don't get what you are talking about. Tudor Jones suggests books to his TRADERS cause someone pat his back?

You sound like the lost bloke in this conversation.

#29     Feb 8, 2010
  10. Yes, much of what you say is 100% accurate.

#30     Feb 8, 2010