NICK - A boring stock to like?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by tradestrong, Dec 27, 2007.

1. The consumer financial services are in a bit of rut (obviously), but NICK looks like it could be a longer term winner.

For the most part good fundamentals. Decent earnings. Low PE, and P/B.

The earnings are expected to slightly decline over the next few quarters (as expected in this industry).

What I really like about the stock though is that no one is watching it even with decent fundamentals. Only 1 analyst appears to be following it.

It also has a very low beta (.29) which IMO, is suprising (and a positive sign) for this industry.

Insider buying is happening too and no selling over the last 9 months.

My personal target $8-$9 range.

2. Wait for some type of obvious selling/volume climax to the downside before buying.

3. Thanks nazzdack. I do actually agree with you. I grabbed a third of my full position (at 6.82) though just to test the waters.

4. I guess I should have grabbed more. This stock popped nicely to 7.80 in 3 days. The only disadvantage is that it's not a really liquid stock. (But that's one of the reasons I liked it too).:eek:

5. It could re-test the top of the end-of-December trading range and make new lows. Be on the lookout for a volume spike down there.