Nice job TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Surdo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Thanks to torrant for one explanation:

#51     Aug 8, 2008
  2. They used the same strategy when running Omega Research in '90s... before realzing they could make moree money entering the brokerage business: they did not fix the issues, just 'upgrade' the software to new 4.0, 2000, 2000i, etc. releases, more features - yes- but still buggy, obviously.

#52     Aug 8, 2008
  3. just a quick off-topic: does it exist a way to use a TT Fix adaptor to feed TradeStation -- as is widely implemented with Ninjatrader, for example?
    :eek:

#53     Aug 8, 2008
  4. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is a premier NinjaTrader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the NinjaTrader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

#54     Aug 8, 2008
  5. The way they are going at the moment, even 10RTs is risky if you do not know your net position and neither do they!

#55     Aug 8, 2008
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Introducing NinjaTrader powered by Zen-Fire Trading Engine!

The Data and Order Routing Engine is co-located with the exchanges and core Internet carriers at one of the premier data centers in Chicago. This provides the network capacity to provide the maximum bandwidth, speed and reliability needed by all types of traders and institutions. The engine was built to support as much data as the exchanges can distribute and route orders in less than 100 milliseconds. Over 18 major Internet carriers are used to ensure network availability when individual Internet carriers fail.

All hardware and network components were built with redundant backups configured to fail-over seamlessly in the event of hardware failure. Load balancing and scalability was a key design component resulting in a system that can accommodate 1,000's of users without issue.

The first traders to get on the system were market makers and black box traders that scrutinize the speed down to the milliseconds. After monitoring the system for over a year, a trading platform (NinjaTrader) was written to the engine in order to allow screen traders access to the same market data and order routing engine used by those professionals.

Features now include new compression techniques and technologies used to distribute the data across IP networks specifically geared toward remote connectivity (i.e. Internet connections) and an institutional grade order-routing engine shaving milliseconds off order entry and modification. Coupled with the NinjaTrader platform that offers advanced order entry types (automated brackets, trailing stops, chart trading, etc) and 24 hour network and IT monitoring, the end result is product now known as Zen-Fire.

Click here for more information and Free NinjaTrader "Futures" Demo>> http://www.ampfutures.com/zen_fire.html

#56     Aug 8, 2008
  7. Why do so many traders use Tradestation?

What's the advantage of using them over other brokers.

They seem to have numerous issues and complaints.

I was considering opening an account with them but after reading several reviews I think I'll pass for now.

#57     Aug 9, 2008
  8. In answer to your question, Tradestation used to be the defacto standard for traders. It was the first viable backtesting and trading platform (just my opinion). At one point all the traders in my office used it, then unfortunately the quality of the product/service declined.

In my old office the staff has largely switched from Tradestation to stripped down Linux machines using custom written apps for execution. In this last example (my previous post) the new office manager wanted to compare the Linux machines to both Tradestation and other Windows driven machines...Obviously the comparison on this date did not go well for Tradestation.

Frankly if I were trading out of an office (not needing to be mobile) and I could afford the costs, I would go with a dedicated Linux machine for connection to the brokerage and execution only. For charts and other apps, I would stick with Windows.

Good luck
    Steve

#58     Aug 9, 2008
  9. Did Tradestation also screw up their equities feed or was it only for futures?

Thank you

Daniel

#59     Aug 9, 2008
  10. Well, the charts worked fine. I've used TS for 5 years and never placed a single trade with them, but I do sympathize with those of you who do.

If you can't afford to pay TS' monthly fee and trade through a reputable boutique (read professional), then you shouldn't be in the game imo.

#60     Aug 9, 2008