Nice job TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Surdo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

No problem brothha!

I am SHORT 8 USU08 now in my account, I sold the long that was executed. Now it will probably take a week for these birdbrains to get me flat.

That RJO site is a life saver, you should have a small IB account to hedge yourself when TurdStation goes down.

Once I get the position flat, I am wiring 99% of my CASH out of the account.

SEE YA TurdStation.

#21     Aug 7, 2008
  2. fseitun

fseitun

i just asked them the same question. they dont have a trading desk, so we are stuck with crappy tradestation.

#22     Aug 7, 2008
  3. bh_prop

bh_prop

Deja vu on this tradeserver/support forum outage. The 2 have happened in tandem before, can't remember when, last fall perhaps?

BTW, my last executed order was 10:52cst and within the last 2 minutes I successfully placed another so I was unaware of any problems until reading these posts.

#23     Aug 7, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

You can execute, but can not cancel now!

I wonder if LEAP FROG built this platform?

#24     Aug 7, 2008
  5. mrpace

mrpace

It's not "all fixed"

I noticed that it finally cancelled my order that was sitting in the matrix (that was in reality EXECUTED), and it finally showed my proper position (short) in the TS matrix. I then immediately entered an order to cover at (thankfully) the price I would have covered had there not been problems, and it got STUCK again....

But then I kept refreshing the RJ Obrien page, and eventually, my account went flat, even though TS was still reporting the order as open, and still listing my account as short.

I still can't cancel the trade that got me flat, but as long as RJ says I'm flat, that's what I will believe.

In fact, as I type this, TS is still reporting that I have an open short position, and is updating my P/L accordingly....

Very f__d up...

#25     Aug 7, 2008
  6. mrpace

mrpace

Now TS is reporting me flat with the correct P/L.

I wonder how/when we will know if all is ok?

#26     Aug 7, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Just go with what RJO page reflects. My position is correct on TS now, but I still have orders I am unable to cancel.

I think the trading desk went to lunch!

:D

#27     Aug 7, 2008
  8. jbob

jbob

Amazingly I was able to get out of my position for a small gain. Not bad considering my position size was 2 x and the unrealized loss at one point was 5 x my normal stop. I guess it pays to ride your losers, sometimes!!!

I seriously hate this stuff from tradestation. I'm calling it a weekend early. I have to leave early tomorrow midday, so i don't know what I would do if the same thing happened tomorrow right before I have to leave. Its miller time!

#28     Aug 7, 2008
  9. According to Tradestation,"CME is experiencing an issue with processing messages".

#29     Aug 7, 2008
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Why do my other platforms work, and explain why these MF'ers have no phone contact....PLEASE....can somebody explain this to me?

#30     Aug 7, 2008