Nice job TradeStation!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Surdo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

#11     Aug 7, 2008
  2. fseitun

fseitun

how are they supposed to find out????

call the CME and track down singular orders on a customer basis???

that'll take forever, if not end of day.

#12     Aug 7, 2008
  3. cchili00

cchili00

#13     Aug 7, 2008
  4. Jaxon

Jaxon

yes

and how am I supposed to know if everything is "ok" now? I am afraid to enter a test order because I might not be able to cancel it.

oh, and I guess there is not much point in staying on hold any more.. it has been 45 minutes.

#14     Aug 7, 2008
  5. Surdo

Surdo

There phones are DOWN!
    Hedge through another account or ETF's.

This was the last trade I ever execute through TS, I promise.

#15     Aug 7, 2008
  6. Jaxon

Jaxon

surdo, thanks for the link and reminder to check rjobrien. You have to know if you have a position before you hedge it!! lol
    I thought I had a position until 11:18 when I heard the "order filled" message on an order that was filled at 11:02. I guess that checking RJObrien would have shown me the filled trade sooner.

#16     Aug 7, 2008
  7. jbob

jbob

RJO website says that I do have a position, but its twice my normal size since I replaced my first order, but both ended up going through with this hole mess.

I tried putting in a sell order to see if it would go through, but it won't even send the order because now it says I'm over my margin limit since I have stuck orders in the systems. Any solutions?

#17     Aug 7, 2008
  8. fseitun

fseitun

yeah surdo, thanks for the tip. i did find out i was short so i opened a long position to offset my short trade.

i then checked my online account positions and i am flat. i even called RJO to doublecheck it with a representative.

problem is: TS is currently showing i am long now...i should just discard it until they sort out their issues.

#18     Aug 7, 2008
  9. Jaxon

Jaxon

I just tried to call RJObrien... only to see if I could execute trades direct through them and use them as a backup if TS is nonresponsive and unreachable, but I got a busy signal from RJIObrien also.

Phone: 866-438-7564 = RJObrien = busy

edit: got through to RJObrien and they are our clearing firm and cannot execute trades for us even in an emergency (I am sure most of you knew that already, but just thought I would check).

Any trader definitely needs a backup broker. Shame on me for being lazy about opening another account.

#19     Aug 7, 2008
  10. fseitun

fseitun

damn, this totally sucks. it really does.

i am not sure there is a fix for this unless you have another account with another broker.

you are handcuffed right now.

i recommend you take a pic of your pending orders with a time stamp on them.

#20     Aug 7, 2008