nice close

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Aug 1, 2007.

1. The working group wouldn't intervene. Its in the best interest that the bulls get rung out and pessimism takes a foot hold for a month or two.

The reason is, it will give room for the FED to move.

The dollar is strengthening in the present condition, carry trade being unwound. Look at most of the currency pairs, they gave away a good percentage of their gains.

The bond market loves this too, bond yields dropping, makes it easier for the government to finance the War.

So, the working group would intervene only next year, if it did come to it. A crash they would actually prefer, then a sharp rally next year just in time for elections.

#21     Aug 1, 2007
  2. jj90

jj90

It was getting scary around the 3pm lows before the rally. I don't use a million indicators, but all major indicies except DJX were at their last support lows. If that couldn't hold, I don't see a bottom, I see a bloodbath. The lows held nicely though, and I'm not one to stoke market conspiracies, but I agree with Pabst on this, given where the market traded to and how it did so.

#22     Aug 1, 2007
  3. opm8

opm8

Cutten,

I think you're somewhat wrong in your basic assessment. What made this up move unusual and surprising in your eyes? The past few days have seen a raging move going into the close and today was no different, as I see it.

I was trying to get long all day and had my ass handed to me practically on every trade no matter where my stop was. Until the last trade, that is, that almost wiped out all my losses for the day.

I was right and still lost money just like Jesse Livermore. LOL

opm8

#23     Aug 1, 2007
  4. opm8

opm8

Good to see you have market moves so clearly laid out, dude. How can you possibly lose with such perfect hindsight? I love it when someone knows exactly why something happened. Always after the fact, of course.

opm8

#24     Aug 1, 2007
  5. That close saved my butt. I traded so poorly today, and I deserved to lose money, but managed to eek out a gain after commissions.

#25     Aug 1, 2007
  6. dont

dont

Guy on bloomberg was saying that the late rally was due to someone having to close out a trade on the S&P futures.

Sigh I suppose its the typical market spoofing?

#26     Aug 1, 2007
  7. You and "NoddyBoy" should start a hedge fund. With your extensive knowledge of CNBC BS and Noddy's affinity for creating a new poll everyday guessing where the market will go the next day, you guys could really kick some butt!!

#27     Aug 1, 2007
  8. What did ES do last night after it traded down hard to 1442? Have you seen many overnight spike lows not be crucial support if tested the next day? I suggest you backtest it.

#28     Aug 1, 2007
  9. opm8

opm8

Well, I don't think overnight highs/lows have any more or less validity than anything else. You could pick any arbitrary level and claim it has superstitious powers. Whatever, I don't trade that way but if it works for you, then keep on truckin'.

opm8

#29     Aug 1, 2007
  10. s2007s: it is quite eveident that you have 0$ at risk. You come on here and cut and paste. FANTASTIC! now I don't have to pay attention to ANYTHING ANYMORE! do the people a favor here.......leave!!!!

#30     Aug 1, 2007