NG spike Wed 8th June

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Visaria, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Anyone know why there was a huge spike down at around 19.30 est?

Went from around 4900 to 4510 in a minute or so.

2. someone sold a lot in a thin market on the release of the news about the new findings in the gulf

3. Visaria

Visaria

Nasty....

4. i believe this news came out HOURS before the "flash crash". if i hear someone say flash crash again i'm going to punch 1 of my 30 monitors:eek:

if you have the capital you could cause a flash crash in any security during non peak hours. what would happen if you submitted a 5000 car es sell order at midnight est? flash crash.

a lot of people blame losing money on some mysterious evil force (9x out of ten it's gs). plan for contingencies (don't trade non peak hours if daytrading or use options to hedge if swing/position trading and don't put a stop in or use a stop limit order) and ignore market noise since you can't do anything about it.

come to think of it, i want to play a james bond villian who causes flash crashes while sitting in a lair. then when they cameras pan in to see how i do it everyone sees an et screen.

5. I'd buy that DVD.

6. nice! unfortunately the bond villain has to die in the end so here's how i want to go out...i'm in a fight w/ bond and he knocks over maestro's setup on top of me and i die of blunt force trauma and then bond says something witty like "you've just went limit down" (actually that sounds like someone arnold would say).