NFTs, the next wave of stupidity

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

What are NFTs? NFT stands for non-fungible token – a digital token that's a type of cryptocurrency, much like Bitcoin or Ethereum. But unlike a standard coin in the Bitcoin blockchain, an NFT is unique and can't be exchanged like-for-like (hence, non-fungible).

Onra, kmiklas, fan27 and 2 others like this.
  2. NFTs... the modern "tulip bulbs"... on steroids?

:)

jamierogers likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Precisely. Then again, perhaps we are too old to get it.

4. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

If you don't understand that Ali's boxing gloves used to beat Frazier can be worth the same as the skin worn by the 2020 Fortnite World champ then you have a lot to learn.

If you don't understand that a broad walking down 5th Avenue decked out in Gucci is little different (give it a few years though) to somebody walking down a virtual 5th Avenue decked out in virtual Gucci then you have a lot to learn. (One of the interesting points is the broad could be wearing fakes but the virtual Gucci is not only impossible to fake, everyone with a click of a mouse can see it's 100% genuine).

It's all part of the new DAE (Digital Assets Ecosystem) and it's growing at 100%s a year and not going to stop.

If people want to dismiss the above, that's fine. But if you've got an open mind, understand that we're fast heading into an absolutly massive Digital economy, this is one of the best articles I've read on the NFT angle. Best to read it twice.

https://metaversed.net/Into-The-Voi...he-Metaverse-263f1ff8c13c455ea472f5689e01acaa

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  5. d08

d08

This is like something straight out of a 1980s sci-fi movie.

Nobert, DiceAreCast and Butterfly like this.
  6. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Also, the last thing people want to do with understanding NFTs is listen to people who told you not to buy Bitcoin and it was/is going to zero.

There's far too much information in the world hence filtering is critical, so filtering out that group is a must.

7. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

You're not too old Duke.

These days, people are not old till they get to 80, and even then it's debatable because we all know an 80+ person who's up and about with lots of life in them.

I of course assume you're not 80+ Duke.

So get learning, say FU to age, and use Youtube, you can learn anything on that platform...

8. Fain

Fain

I'm invested in NFTs.

Baron and johnarb like this.
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Definitely a bit younger than 80:D

I keep learning all my life. I am a developer and algo trader. I just can not comprehend the concept of NFT, just makes 0 sense to me, like I said, perhaps old skeptic in me refuses to acknowledge the future.

10. traider

traider

My cheque book is ready, who do I issue to?

#10     Mar 19, 2021
    Lou Friedman likes this.