Nflx

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by blox87, Apr 26, 2010.

1. blox87

blox87 Guest

SLW New highs like I said a couple days ago... check that one out too guys but do your own dd, Maybe wait for a retrace back to support/old high before buying if you do.

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. ptrjon

ptrjon

Instead of a "bear trade", I made an "investment" yesterday, bought a few shares I plan on holding for several years. I'm hoping NFLX goes the way of AMZN and GOOG.

04/28/2010 - Buy NFLX 99.50/sh.

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. gobar

gobar

u r up 100 % man y not take 2/3 off of nflx. wait till next earning report which will slam nflx to shake out weak hands.

then buy around 80 to 85 range

i think NFLX done for good. u might get 10 to 20 % return here but down side is too much risky.

Walmart, AMZN, AAPL, GOOG all r now NFLX competition.

#13     Apr 30, 2010
  4. goog, amzn, aapl are competitors now?

what service they have?

#14     Apr 30, 2010
  5. blox87

blox87 Guest

I think netflx is in more of a competition with cable companies and satellite companies that provide on demand streaming movies than anyone else.

#15     Apr 30, 2010
  6. I like this girls style. I do not have a clue as to the wisdom of holding NFLX but trading according to the principals NoDoji lays out in her post is how, over time, traders get rich.

It is amazing how much koolaid exists for a hot stock in a bull market. Do not be afraid to give back 20% ... it's an occupational hazard. Let the price action tell you when something has changed. Picking tops is just too hard.

#16     May 1, 2010
  7. ptrjon

ptrjon

take another look, NFLX jumping on rumor of a AMZN buyout. I don't think shareholders will sell the company, but we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if NFLX grew at 15-20% per year.

#17     May 13, 2010
  8. Plus do not forget 20% of the float is borrowed/short positions & its a small float at that.

#18     May 13, 2010
  9. Netflix is actually gonna be its own biggest competitor. With that new unlimited streaming plan + 1 DVD at a time for only $8.99, they are going to cannibalize revenues. Why would you pay $21.99 per month, not to mention you can no longer get any new releases + bluray plans are way more money than blockbuster mail plans or total access plans.

Cable/satellite companies on demand services is all about new releases. That is a majority chunk of their revs in this specific consumer space. Netflix now can not play in this sandbox because they agreed to the 28 delay contracts with hollywood studios.

#19     May 13, 2010
  10. ptrjon

ptrjon

well, they get paid for those contracts. Also, the cheaper memberships reduce expenses while reducing revenues, which helps provide consistent earnings. Also, the trial memberships and the 1-dvd a month plans pave the way for new customers to upgrade.

There was a point where people said, "what makes google any better than dogpile or ask jeeves?". The folks running netflix seem to be doing pretty well with interesting product expansion, and marketting.

#20     May 13, 2010