NFLX! way too expensive, yet again

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ptrjon, Nov 22, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

When NFLX gaps up on good news, just buy it! It's got a 20%+ short interest, so it HAS to go up! I bought 1000 shares in pre-market @ 182.00, holding for $220 :D :D :D

#11     Nov 22, 2010
  2. sounds greedy but nothing surprises me when it comes to runaway trains. i wish i only knew how to pick those runaway stocks. usually i end up on the wrong side of the trend.

#12     Nov 22, 2010
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

To be fair, I didn't actually buy NFLX. Every morning I call a stock trade of the day to my trading roomies and then pretend we all have a position in it. We only trade futures, but when a boring time of day comes around, I update everyone on our hypothetical stock position. This morning's call was NFLX @ $182. We also like PCLN, CMG and CRM a lot.

Here's the secret, Shortie: You look for high priced high short interest stocks that seem they can't go any higher. If they gap up on good news, buy the first pullback. OR, watch what's hitting the hi ticker a hundred or more times and either buy the next pullback or buy the new high after the pullback (technically that's known as the "hold my beer and watch this," trade and it just makes you smile when price jumps right off the DOM as the shorts frantically throw in the towel). The more expensive and ridiculously priced the stock seems, the better the results. :p

#13     Nov 22, 2010
  4. The streaming movies from netflix are mostly crap movies. All the best ones, you have to wait to get a DVD for. If you have a spur of the moment itch to watch Iron man 2 or avatar, you just cant get it right now with netflix. you have to put it in your que, wait for netflix to get the last movie they sent you, then wait for them to ship the movie and hope to hell its not a weekend because netflix does not ship movies on weekends, then wait for your mailman to deliver the mail and if you unlucky enough to have a mailman where your address is one of the last on his list, he may skip your house that day if he is running behind, just so he cant finish work at 4pm. Its no wonder some people will pay $4.99 at the cable company for a movie. I have the 1 dvd subscription with netflix, but occasionally if I cant wait, I go to redbox to rent a movie if its the weekend or netflix doesnt have the movie available right then.

#14     Nov 22, 2010
  5. There are barely enough movies worth seeing to make Netflix a 50 dollar stock.

Folks will watch any crap just to avoid having to thimk.

#15     Nov 22, 2010
  6. GG1972

GG1972

I think you jinxed the aforesaid :D :D CRM puts here

#16     Nov 23, 2010