NFLX earnings spread

Discussion in 'Options' started by heiasafari, Jul 22, 2012.

1. That put spread has to.be hurting right now

#41     Jul 25, 2012
  2. Doobs789

Doobs789

Closed it @ 9.45 earlier this morning

#42     Jul 25, 2012
  3. yeah and look at me i went so far out of the money its sitting right at my bought strike.. i have the 65/60 weekly ratio backspread.. at this point i might actually realized my max loss on a ratio.. speak of the devil... not that i'm superstitious haha i've watched stocks that have short sale restrictions on them.. they literally stop going down

#43     Jul 25, 2012
  4. This stock is now full of lead.. already a short sale restriction.. so with no one shorting the stock its down an additional 6 percent.. this is tanking!

#44     Jul 26, 2012
  5. just to let you guys know.. i had a weekly ratio backspread i just bought back at 4.10 i put it on at a credit of .20 thats really clost to a max loss for a ratio... first time ever.. not that i've put tons of them on.. but i said in this thread eariler its highly unlikely to realize the full loss.. and here i am.. haha Murphys law!

#45     Jul 27, 2012
  6. Brother, you're buying vol-exposure second only to an ATM straddle, prior to earnings.

#46     Jul 27, 2012
  7. I bought a butterfly not a straddle.. and one ratio .. sorry man no comprende tu.. what do you mean

#47     Jul 27, 2012
  8. Looks like you two guys (atticus and cdcaveman) are on a different page. Terms like butterfly, strangle, straddle, one ratio, back spreads, etc can easily be misinterpreted. This is why it's important to specify exact trade with strikes and fills.

cdcaveman your "butterfly" could not have been entered as a $0.20 credit and bought back at $4.10. One post you call it a ratio back spread next post a butterfly. Without seeing the trade we can only guess what it was, was it a OTM credit spread, perhaps 2 or 3 strikes OTM?

:)

#48     Jul 27, 2012
  9. <<< Looks like you two guys (atticus and cdcaveman) are on a different page. Terms like butterfly, strangle, straddle, one ratio, back spreads, etc can easily be misinterpreted. This is why it's important to specify exact trade with strikes and fills. >>>

Thank you diaoptions.
    I tend to skip over posts that lack the detail of exactly what was done. Particularly when it was shared only in hindsite vs real time.
    I'm not talking about anyone in particular.
    Just generalizing that when posters are willing to share their trades.... but NOT during the day it was actually traded, then you have to question the sincerity of the trade.
    Obviously if someone is sharing a loss,.... that of course is an example of being honest.

#49     Jul 27, 2012
  10. I post specific trades in r/t at marketable prices. I do so or I don't post the trade.

None of those positions (save for ratio) can be interpreted more than one way.

#50     Jul 28, 2012