NFL Notes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Any fantasy footballers out there?

I'm wondering who to start this week RB wise.

Portis v.s. DAL
    C Johnson v.s. MIN

Both are brutal matchups. Portis doesn't fare well against DAL, at least recently, and Johnson is up against a stalwart run D while his teammate Lendale White gobbles up the goal-line rushes.

Comments?

#21     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Might take into consideration that Dal Was is an old rivalry and not just a brutal matchup. FWIW

#22     Sep 25, 2008
  3. I hear ya, but DAL really should whup some Redskin ass this game. Portis is going to have a rough going and Campbell isn't quite there yet IMO.

On another note, will Braylon Edwards and DA finally break out of their funk v.s. CIN this week? How long before Brady Quinn is in there, and will Edwards suffer or benefit as a result?

#23     Sep 27, 2008
  4. Boy was I wrong. WAS played extremely well, and Portis would have had a TD to go along with his 120+ yards rushing if not for that nutty center Rabach negating it. And Campbell has really matured in just a couple of weeks.

As for the Browns, beating a Palmer-less Cincy squad by 8 pts does not signal a turnaround IMO. At least Edwards caught a TD...did you catch that hatefest he and Anderson were having on the sidelines prior??

I'm kind of curious why Lynch was so pedestrian against an inferior STL defense, and WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH RYAN GRANT?!?

#24     Sep 29, 2008
  5. Ronnie Brown for MVP?!?

'Skins are very, very good. So are the Giants. So are the Eagles...heck, who isn't good in that division?

Ryan Grant showing signs of a comeback, but what the heck is up with Marshawn Lynch?

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. NFL is a fickle bitch idnit. Every year things change up where when you draft, the most important day of FF year, you take into consideration things will change, like Moss, for whatever reason, won't repeat the amazing year that won me my my league with Brady to boot. I had first pick and took LT, a mistake so far ...wish I'd of taken Westbrook but hindsight is you know. I try to learn something from every year.

You're dead on about Browns beating Cincy. Wish I had seen that hatefest couldn't have hurt.

#26     Oct 7, 2008
  7. 'Skins are indeed looking good. After watching that first game against the Giants I thought the skins might be 3-13. But Zorn has got Jason Campbell looking like a he did under Al Borges his senior year at Auburn. Plus they're cracking heads on D.

I've always loved the NFC East...should be even more fun this year.

#27     Oct 7, 2008
  8. The Browns are back baby!

:(

This year has been the worst so far - hopes were actually brought up thanks to the stupid media and now it looks like lights out in C-Town once again.

Look at this schedule after the bye:

[​IMG]

I highlighted the games I think we can win.

Looks like a top 10 pick is very possible (again).

Things could turn around though when Dante Stallworth actually plays. He says he wants to play in the Giants game...

#28     Oct 7, 2008
  9. Panthers all the way. Not that we get any media coverage :(

#29     Oct 8, 2008
  10. Brown Fan...

What's up with Winslow? Something about is "cookies?" Or is that just an internet rumor?

#30     Oct 13, 2008