NFL Free Agency begins shortly... good luck all!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I also think that is a good move. I liked Stallworth last year with the Pats. Every time he caught the ball, there always seemed like a good chance he could break free for big yardage. Unfortunately, the Pats (Brady) stopped throwing his way during the second half of the season and he disappeared from the radar. As an armchair fan, it is difficult to figure out why they stopped throwing his way. So much happens off the ball that we don't get to see. He perhaps couldn't get free, didn't run his routes consistently, pissed off Brady for some reason (Brady has been known to completely shut down a receiver if he pisses him off). It is also conceivable that they stopped throwing his way in order to bring his value down and make him more affordable to the Pats for a possible contract renegotiation. Who knows with the Pats! Whatever the reason was, I think the Browns got an exciting 'after the catch' receiver.

#11     Mar 3, 2008
  2. another blackxploitation sports.

#12     Mar 3, 2008
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFymQA_IsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcrihNZuMO8&feature=related

#13     Mar 3, 2008
  4. Anderson is an interception machine waiting to happen. He was turnover machine at Beaver State...and his last few game in the NFL this year reflected that. The Browns fuxxed up guaranteeing his 10 mil. But their sal cap could handle it.

Stallworth will disappoint as usual. Dumb trade.

Buy more Joe Thomas's

#14     Mar 3, 2008
  5. Steelers gave Ben R a gigantic deal, 8 years >$100mill, $36 mill guaranteed. Am I crazy or is this a little much for a guy who is basically a decent QB on a good team? This is more guaranteed money than Peyton Manning got.

I have nothing against Ben, but is he really one of the top two or three QBs in the league? He's basically managing an offense with a dominating line and a great RB. It's not like he is totally running the show like a Brady or Manning. Would the Steelers be noticeably worse with any of a handful of competent NFL QBs under center? I say no. They have devoted an enomous amount of cap space to him.

Of course, their all pro guard Alan Faneca just signed with the Jets for $8 mill a year. I guess if a guard is worth that, it's easy to justify paying your QB 12. Personally, I think they should have taken some of Ben's money and used it to keep Faneca.

Randy Moss resigned with the Pats for $9 mill ayear. I can understand why no other teams wanted to take a chance on him for that kind of dough. He could easily quit on you halfway through the season. Lot fo money for the Pats to shell out though. Wonder how some of their core guys who have taken less than market value will feel?

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. We'll see about DA.

Stallworth was NOT a trade. Just a free agent pickup. NOTHING given to NE for him.

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Being in the AFC north with us, I hope this turns out to be a terrible decision by the pitts.

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. peyton is way way underpaid.. crying shame :mad:

i luv to watch him work

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. If I was Manning or Brady, I would be getting a 'restructured' deal immediately.

Hell, the top 5 QB's in the league could make that argument with Ben getting what he got.

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. can anyone make the case for this sweet deal for Big Ben?

is he this good NOW?

or does he have this much potential?? wtf?

#20     Mar 4, 2008